PDA

View Full Version : QS DP questions! :)

redstickredhead
07-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Hello guys!

I've been a long time visitor to the icot boards, but it's been so long since I posted that I couldn't remember my old user name and password so I made up a new one!

Anyway.

My family and I are going back to the World at the end of September. We've been many a time--I even did the wdwcp (TEN years ago, oy!) :)

We are going during free dining-time this year though, and we have never used the dining plan!

I've been doing as much research as I've been able to do, but I have a few questions I can't find in any faqs (and if said info IS there, forgive me for repeating a question!)

The crew going: my mum, my brother, my boyfriend, and myself. We mostly eat at counter service restaurants anyway, but my concern is being efficient when we are having b/l/ or d.

Since the meal plan is attached to the keys to the world, do we individually need to order and do separate transactions, or can one party order for everyone and hand the CM the cards after the orders are made?

Also how do you obtain your free resort mugs with the dining plan? do you just get them as if you were buying them and then the balance for said mugs goes to "0.00" when the room keys are swiped?

I know these seem like silly questions but I absolutely hate to hold people up in line when they're trying to grab food!

Bonus question: what are ya'lls favorite things to get with snack credits?

I know that we'll be getting citrus swirls and sleepy hollow ice cream sammiches at MK but what other treats should we try!

Thanks in advance!
The Redhead

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
If you are all in one room all the dining credits will show up on each card as pooled credits. In other words, one person can order and pay for everyone with one card.

I love the chocolate covered caramel pecan patties at the MK candy store. We saved up credits and brought a lot of these home with us. Also, you can't go wrong with any of the caramel items in the new candy store in the Germany pavilion at Epcot. We also love Churros from Mexico and funnel cakes at several places in the parks. You can get those in most of the parks, I know the American pavilion at Epcot and at Camp Minnie Mickey on the way to the FOTLK in AK.

Pooh Fan
07-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Fav. Snack Credit Uses :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
MK - Cinamon role at mainstreet bakery, Dole whip float
Epcot - Sweet Pretzels in Norway
DHS - Muffins at Starring Roles
AK - usually a Mickey Bar after an intesne ride back in time on Dinosaur