PDA

View Full Version : Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives

VWL Mom
07-08-2012, 04:35 PM
I would love to go to some of the places on this show. I did get to the Marietta Diner one summer when my son played travel baseball and thought it was wonderful!

Has anyone been to any of the BBQ places visited on the show? They look soooooo good.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2012, 05:31 PM
yep been to the Shed here in MS. There's one in Gulfport and Ocean Springs I can't remember which one he visited. They also won the pulled pork contest on Kelly and Regis a couple of years ago.

MNNHFLTX
07-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Yes, we've been to Kenny and Ziggy's Deli and The Red Lion Pub, both right here in Houston. I wouldn't have known it's connection to the show if not for my husband who occasionally watches.

TiggeRia
07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I have only been to one place and it wasn't BBQ but it was syill yummy! We went to Pawley's Front Porch in Columbia SC just last week. Had a burger and fries and they were very good :) So many places to try, though!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-08-2012, 08:54 PM
DH LOVES this show! We've been to a couple of places on our travels (in DC, Buffalo, Cleveland and New Hampshire) and it always been great!

lettripp
07-08-2012, 10:45 PM
We frequent Wilson's BBQ in Fairfield. It is DELICIOUS. Also, a stones throw from us is a place called the Meritt Canteen. It was very cool to eat there and find flyers indicating they'd be there soon, and then watching the episode a few months later. One more by us is Super Duper Weenie which serves diverse, nationally inspired hotdogs. It is fun to see how many different places Guy's been that we can enjoy!

Basket Mommy
07-08-2012, 10:56 PM
We've been to two - The Colonnade in Atlanta (which was delicious) and The Beacon nearby in Spartanburg. I had been to The Beacon years before it was on the show. Neither my husband nor I liked it at all, and we were very surprised that it was on the show. It's not very original. The burgers aren't even handmade. I think it's the "show" that you get when you order that makes it unique. We went again after we saw the show (because the kids really wanted to go) and they thought it was gross.

TheDuckRocks
07-09-2012, 09:10 AM
We went to Southern Soul BBQ on St. Simons Island, GA and the food was wonderful.

VWL Mom
07-09-2012, 10:18 AM
The BBQ places make my mouth water and we have none up here. I may have to try Wilson's next time we're in the Fairfield area. Southern Soul sounds good too but that's a bit far. He had one in TX last night and the BBQ brisket looked wonderful.

I found a list of the places he's been and I can add the Jefferson Diner & Tic-Toc Diner (both NJ) to my list but IMO diners in Jersey are a dime a dozen. I think he should visit Rutt's Hut next time he's in town, now that's a hot dog!

Guy should weigh a whole lot more than he does. He eats with such gusto and really seems to enjoy his food!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Been to Pawley's Front Porch in Columbia SC - lived there for a few years.
Grew up in Spartanburg SC - The Beacon was a Friday and Saturday hang out - no the food isn't special but the guy calling the orders used to be a character and the onion rings and fries are delish.

TiggeRia
07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I think he should visit Rutt's Hut next time he's in town, now that's a hot dog!

To each their own, I guess! I've eaten here and wasn't impressed at all. I much prefer our local Toby's Cup for hotdogs :)

Dopey's Girl
07-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Love this show! I've been to all but one of the MN places, and in fact my new favorite place to eat was one of the featured places!

I would love to plan a little Triple D road trip to try some others!

PirateLover
07-09-2012, 11:48 PM
I've been to Silk City Diner in Philly. I think that's the only D,D&D place I've been to. Man vs. Food on the other hand has featured more places that I've been to, like Franklin Fountain (The BEST ice cream with a real turn-of-the-century feel, great experience!), Tony Lukes (My fave Philly cheesesteak place, was also on an episode of Throwdown w Bobby Flay), and DiNics (mmm mmm mmm Roast Pork sandwich!) Now I'm hungry!

weswerx
07-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Great, now I'm hungry. I love those shows. I get full just watching them. I've never been to any of those,but I would love to have his job. :D

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2012, 11:16 AM
We had dinner at Leonard's BBQ in Memphis. We were in the area and used our iphone to find it. DH remembered seeing it on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives, so we looked it up. Sure enough there was a poster with Guy's autograph just as you walked in. The food was great, and we got a kick out of all the Elvis memorabilia in the restaurant.

ChipNDale79
07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
We've been to the Shed in Ocean Springs MS, my wife's family lives there, it's on our list of many places to eat when we visit.

We've been to a few non BBQ places as well, most are really good.

CosmicRay
08-12-2012, 05:57 PM
We've tried Texas Pride BBQ, Sonny Bryan's BBQ and Old School BBQ. ALL are awesome! I get so hungry watching that show!

caryrae
08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
We live a coupe miles from one of the places he went to on the show called Smalley's Caribbean BBQ and Pirate Bar in Stillwater, MN. It has very good food I have been there several times and if you like rum they have kinds ranging from a few bucks a shot to like $60-70 a shot.