PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Wishes from Frontierland

Urbss
07-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Is there a good place to SIT and watch the fireworks in Frontierland.

We usually get something to eat (during MNSSHP) at Cosmic Rays, and sit outside the exit to Cosmic Rays that faces closest to the Castle. We have always had luck grabbing some food and sitting on the ledge out there to watch the fireworks.

This year (during MVMCP) we were thinking about trying the same thing, but trying to get something to eat at Pecos Bills.

Or, maybe Columbia Harbor House would be another option for food and viewing the Wishes show.

Is there anyplace that would compare to the Cosmic Rays viewing?

Thanks!!
Tom

07-08-2012, 12:22 AM
As someone who has watched a LOT of the fireworks presentations (I work parade and fireworks audience control), I would say that there is not any suitable place other than being somewhere where you can look at the front of the Castle.

With the locations of where the fireworks are launched from, from any place more that 45 degrees either side of the Castle, the show is so "visually distorted" because of the distance perspective, the show is just fireworks without the meaning and the themeing.

The high fireworks are actually shot from an area about 1/4 mile + north of the Castle and need to be seen from the front of the Castle to get the proper perspective.

Again, just my $.02 but I've watched 600 to 700 (maybe more-don't keep count) fireworks presentations, some from the front and some from the sides of the Castle and the ones from the front are without a doubt the best.

There are some benches in the HUB area and along the Adventureland bridge for seating if you get there early enough.

Strmchsr
07-08-2012, 08:15 AM
I mostly agree with the post above. You CAN see the fireworks from Frontierland but you lose most of the effect. It's not a very good view. The show is designed to be watched from Main St. I did watch while sitting in front Winnie the Pooh once and that was actually a pretty nice view.

Allenfow98
07-08-2012, 10:09 AM
OMg, you know, the fireworks themselves are so awesome, we usually just stop wherver we are at and just watch them. It never occured to me that they had a theme and story line to them. We did watch them from frontierland bridge in june and they were awesome as usual, we did have to stand though, but the view was incredible.
I think next time down i will make it a point to try and watch from main street.

buzznwoodysmom
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
With the locations of where the fireworks are launched from, from any place more that 45 degrees either side of the Castle, the show is so "visually distorted" because of the distance perspective, the show is just fireworks without the meaning and the themeing.

This exactly!!! If your only interested in seeing fireworks then viewing from anywhere is fine. But if you want to view "Wishes" as it was intended it's got to be from in front of the castle.

joonyer
07-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I also agree with 11290's post. This doesn't answer your question exactly, but I imagine you can find a place to watch them while eating in Frontierland, simply because there won't be as many people crowded around on the streets as there will be on Main Street. But here's another suggestion, try riding Splash Mountain during the fireworks show. First, the line will be very short, and best of all, you get to experience the best ride in MK with the best fireworks anywhere. Magic X Magic! You don't get to see the entire fireworks, but it is a pretty amazing experience on the outdoor portions of the ride. We try to do this at least once on every WDW trip (after it happened to us by accident on our first family trip) and watch the fireworks from Main Street on another night.