PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question

Urbss
07-07-2012, 10:53 PM
We haven't had the TS Dining plan since 2008, so I can't remember how it all worked (or maybe even how it has changed over time).

Here is my scenario and question:

There will be 3 of us on the TS Dining plan - 2 adults and 1 child. We are staying 7 nights, so we will have 21 TS and 21 CS and 21 Snack credits.

My question is, will our receipt show the total number left of each type of credit or will it be broken down into adult and child credits separately? The reason I ask is that there are times the 3 of us will split 2 CS meals, so we don't usually pay much attention to the child vs. adult credits and I want to plan accordingly.

It's not that I am hoping to take advantage (or cheat the system). I actually just want to make sure I'm planning to do things the right way.

Thanks,
Tom

I LoveJack
07-07-2012, 11:48 PM
We haven't used it lately, but when we did, it just showed the credits left available. It wasn't broke down by adult or child.

jbernardis
07-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Everybody in your party has to be on the dining plan, and children must order off of the children's menu - at least that was the way it was when I last used it 4 years ago. You need to all use the dining plan or none of you use it. The only way you could share your meal with your child would be if they weren't in the restaurant at all and you brought your food out to them afterwards, but I'm guessing that's not a realistic scenario.

TheDuckRocks
07-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Here is a link to the offical DDP brochure, it should answer all your questions:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2012Dining.pdf

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
07-08-2012, 09:00 AM
The receipt will show how many Adult and how many Child Credits are left.

I'm pretty sure they don't allow sharing of meals if the child has DDP Credits.

Either way - have fun.

Pirate Granny
07-08-2012, 10:02 AM
They can share counter service meals...who would know, you order the food and take it yourself to the table. I order kids meals all the time, not a big eater and not on the dining plan. You cannot share the table service meals.

A Big Kid
07-08-2012, 10:14 AM
They can share counter service meals...who would know, you order the food and take it yourself to the table. I order kids meals all the time, not a big eater and not on the dining plan. You cannot share the table service meals.

What do you mean, " you cannot share the table service meals?" the only meals you cannot share are buffets or "family style" service. If a family of 5 wants to order one entre and share it amongst themselves, they can do that.

The brochure does state "children must order off the children's menu." That does not mean they can not share your meal. It means that they can't order a regular entree for themselves, thereby paying child menu prices and getting adult menu benefits.

Q: If I redeem a credit for a meal can I share it with another member of my Dining Plan party?

A: Yes, Guests may share a redeemed meal among other members of their Magic My Way party as long as the meal is not a fixed price meals. Fixed price meals include Buffet, Family Style, Pre-Plated and Packaged Meals.

Pirate Granny
07-08-2012, 11:16 AM
My experiences was that I've seen CM tell two adults that they needed to order two meals, didn't allow them to share..

A Big Kid
07-08-2012, 08:32 PM
My experiences was that I've seen CM tell two adults that they needed to order two meals, didn't allow them to share..

In 25 years of going to WDW, I've never heard of such a thing. CM's have always been more than accommodating.

TheDuckRocks
07-09-2012, 08:57 AM
I know it has been posted recently that Via Napoli has not allowed people to share an individual pizza for one credit on the dining plan.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-09-2012, 10:11 AM
To get back to one of your points, on our last trip (2010) they accounted for TS entitlements differently then they did CS entitlements.

In your scenario, if you printed out your full entitlement listing prior to use any, you would see the following:

Adult TS remaining = 14
Child TS remaining = 7

Counter Service remaining = 21

Snacks remaining = 21

So for tracking purposes, the TS entitlements are broken out between Adult and Child (ages 3-9).

They do not track counter service between adult and child. Technically if there is a children's menu at CS location the child is to order off of that menu. We split our CS meals all of the time, especially at breakfast.

I'm not advocating getting around the system either, but I'm not sure technically if its an honor system or not. In our limited experience with three kids, I don't know that I've actually had a CM ask if we had anyone on the kids menu or tell someone else they have to order off the children's menu. From a practical standpoint I think with most families one parent parks themselves at a table with the kids while the other parent grabs the meals. So I think CS usage is basically honor system which is probably why they don't track adult/child CS separately.

TS usage is definitely tracked adult vs. child and the child (if using the DDP) would have to order off of the kids menu.