PDA

View Full Version : POR or AOA

wrfd18
07-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Planning a trip next year. We are a family of 5, kids 15, 13, 7. Wondering which resort would be best for us. This will be 7 y/o first trip, I think he would like AOA themeing over POR but im wondering which would be easier on the budget. Not planning on spending much time at resort.

Thanks

Becca3557
07-07-2012, 01:13 PM
AOA sounds like a great resort with fabulous theming. I can tell you that POR is a very nice resort too.

For kids I would bet that AOA would be a huge hit. :number1:

POR is a moderate resort while AOA is a value resort, so the rate at AOA would be lower.

Strmchsr
07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
I think either one will be great, but it really will depend on rates and what discounts are available. With AOA being a newer resort it will likely be very popular and therefore not as likely to get a discount. I would suggest you go through Magical Journeys, Intercot sponsor, as they will price everything out for you and then modify your reservation for any discounts that would save you money later.

Pirate Granny
07-07-2012, 02:14 PM
A of A would be really cool, but very expensive in the suites. The car section is themed beautifully. Priced for our June trip, one suite was $400 a night. I know that POR would be cheaper. I think people are going to be shocked when they see the actual prices for those suites. Granted two rooms...but only one actual bed..and all disney resprt rooms now have frigs, so outside of two bathrooms, yep that's nice and a microwave, it's not worth $200 more to me IMO.

LudwigVonDrake
07-07-2012, 04:23 PM
There's always All-Star Movies which has great theming and is a value resort.

Wolf
07-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I would suggest getting in touch with Magical Journeys, they will be able to help you with making it the most economical as possible, I'd probably lean towards AOA personally because with 3 kids those rooms seem kind of designed to accomodate 5 people but whichever one ends up cheaper, both would be great for kids and adults as well.