PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder BBQ recently anyone?

Genie1953
07-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Has anyone been to Big Thunder BBQ recently? looked at the menu and it sounds rather good. Any thoughts or experiences from anyone out there? :mickey: :confused: :mickey:

tinkwest
07-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I've only eaten there once, about four years ago. The food was good and the atmosphere was pleasant and fun. The only thing that didn't work for me was that the meals are served family style. I can eat a lot of meals and/or snacks throughout the day, but not a lot of food at one sitting. So the all you can eat style, with the price set to cover big eaters, isn't for me. I have considered going back many times because I really did enjoy it, but it is just not worth the price to me. Btw, dessert is an extra charge.

Laughin' place
07-10-2012, 04:32 PM
We ate there the week on June 15 and had a good meal. thought it compared favorably to Hoop De Do in WDW. I thought it was good and worth the price.

Genie1953
07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks! I have never been to Hoop De Do but have been to Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. I thought it might be a bit like that. Can't wait to try it....that's for sure!

NotaGeek
07-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Hey there -- well as it turns out -- I have eaten a few times -- most recently over the June re-opening weekend of DCA -- I absolutely LOVE this place -- it's very relaxing, great food and really good entertainment -- definitely try it! :mickey: