PDA

View Full Version : Coffee/make supplies at POR

CarolS
07-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Can anyone tell me what type of coffee makers are in the room at POR? Are they the pod type makers?

Also what type of coffee supplies are provided? Is there more the 1 or 2 packs of coffee? Sugar? Creamer? Cups?

Thank you so much in advance!

Melanie
07-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Just stayed in a Princess room at POR a few weeks ago. The coffee pots are indeed the small pod makers and 2 decaf and 2 regular are provided daily. The extras (creme, sugar, sweetener) are pre-packaged. I only use sweetener, so I didn't pay attention to the creme options. Sorry! I do know it was powdered creme though.

E-OR
07-07-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't like the coffee they have in the resorts so I take my own coffee and filers. I also use bottled water.

chrim
07-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Recently at POFQ the coffee macine and coffee products were all Cuisinart brand. There were multiple packs of regular and decalf, powdered creamer and sweetener, and foam to-go cups (for hot beverages). I know there were also glasses for cold beverages but I do not remember seeing mugs for in room use.

PCruzer
07-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't like the coffee they have in the resorts so I take my own coffee and filers. I also use bottled water.
Can you use coffee filters from home in these new double cup Cuisinart machines? I always brought my own coffee and filters, cutting the filters to fit into the small 4-cup machines they used to have. Now I'm not sure that this will work in the new pod machines.

kakn7294
07-22-2012, 05:32 PM
We just came home yesterday. :( In the Royal rooms, we had a Cuisinart pod coffeemaker - we were supplies with 2 decaf and 2 regular coffee packets to start. We also had 2 packets of the "extras". Each packet contained a stirrer, a napkin, 2 packets of sugar, 2 packets of powdered creamer, and 1 pink packet of artificial sweetener. We also had about 8 styrofoam cups but there are no lids. I took my own cups with lids in my luggage (lids from those cups do not fit the Disney cups). I like my coffee very light so we bought milk in the store or food court. DH likes his very sweet so we took a canister of sugar. We also asked housekeeping to leave extra packets of coffee because we had 3 people drinking it and they were only leaving 2 per day. I just wrote a polite note and we found much more than we asked for upon our return to the cleaned room.

I don't believe that you could successfully use filters and ground coffee in the new pod coffeemakers. You would need the pods as they are a specific design - round, about the size of a silver dollar and about 1/2 inch thick. I did wonder myself if the tea-bag type of coffee packets would work as well but did not have the opportunity to try them.

Melanie
07-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Here's the pic I took last weekend at FQ, which are the same pots they have at Riverside.

disneymom2000
07-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't believe a regular coffee filter works in these coffee makers. However, if you need more than what they initially provide you can always request more from housekeeping and they will give you more. That is also true for the sugars and creamers.:coffee:

TheRustyScupper
07-23-2012, 04:08 PM
NEW WDW ROOM COFFEE COMING TO WDW RESORTS: (3/26/2012)

1) Resorts are converting to Cuisinart dual-cup "pod" coffee makers.
. . . the room is stocked with 2-reg & 2-decaf coffee pods and 2-teabags
. . . the coffee is 100% Arabica bean, very tasty
. . . eventually all resorts will have these during 2012
. . . some DVC rooms might remain with "Mr Coffee" style pots
. . . brews one cup at-a-time, or two cups side-by-side simultaneously
. . . brews 8-oz cup of coffee in less than 3 minutes
. . . illuminated power button and shuts off when water reservoir is empty
. . . separate water reservoir for each side
. . . one side can make coffee while other side does plain water for tea
. . . mugs are provided in room, but uses any standard size cup or mug
2) Each Cuisinart pod filter makes one cup of brew.
. . . decaffeinated and decaffeinated coffee pods are provided in each room
. . . maids will give more pods if asked, not just the two pods supplied
. . . teas bags are also in each room
. . . tea bags are Twinings Earl Grey Black and Twinings Green Tea
3) Pods:
. . . these are not k-cup pods/inserts, but are standard coffee "pods"
. . . they look much like tea a bag without a string, except, filled with coffee
. . . only one pod can be inserted at a time into each slide tray
. . . there are other pods that are available on the open market or Internet