PDA

View Full Version : Reservations for Chef Mickey's

Hull-onian
07-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Do you have any ideas how I can make a reservation for Chef Mickey's between Sunday August 26 and Friday August 30th? I've phoned twice, twice I got the same answer "No". I need the magic to happen for my grandaughter. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

TinkerbellT421
07-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Have you tried getting the earliest reservation or latest reservation? sometimes getting the earliest time or latest time can help. But other than calling or trying online, the only other option is trying to get in as a walkup, but be prepared if they say no.

Strmchsr
07-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Walk-ups don't happen at Chef Mickeys. That's a guaranteed no and a waste of time. The best chance is to call or check online every day. Cancellations do happen. Be willing to take any time slot at any meal. If you do those two things you'll have at least a respectable chance of getting one, but prepare your granddaughter for the disappointment, too, unfortunately. Hopefully you'll be able to get it, but it's one of those 180 day out or bust kind of places.

buzznwoodysmom
07-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I'll echo what the other posters have already stated. There really is nothing else you can do, other than continue checking daily, and be willing to accept any time slot that may open up. Just try not to be too disappointed if you don't get in. It's one of those places that books up months out.

Hull-onian
07-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Thank you everyone, I scored The WAVE, Tusker House, Beer Garden in the World Showcase,Prime Time 50's Cafe, and breakfast at Kona Cafe......I thought that was pretty darned good......:mickey:

Jillirose
07-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Make a reservation 'back up' at Cape May - we prefer their character meal.

ElenitaB
07-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Depending on who your granddaughter was wanting to visit, other alternatives — besides Cape May where Mickey doesn't appear — would be Tusker House or Garden Grill (my family's favorite character meal).

:thumbsup: on your other ADRs!

disneynarula
07-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Keep calling and checking on the website but I would come up with some sort of back up plan too. Chef Mickey's is very popular.

Hull-onian
07-08-2012, 06:36 PM
We got Tusker House, and I was happy with that. Heck, I'm happy we are going with such short planning. Thank you for all your tips.:mickey: