PDA

View Full Version : Discount for room only - short stay?

bevyoakum
07-06-2012, 09:09 PM
We'd like to stay at WL for 2 nights in Dec after a (non-Disney) cruise. We'll use previously purchased No-Expiration tickets. Is it possible to get discounts on 2 nights room only? How do I find discounts? Travel Agencies require longer bookings to handle for me.
Thanks,
Bev

VWL Mom
07-07-2012, 06:53 AM
You can get room only discounts for a two night stay. If you check back here frequently, discounts are listed as stickies under the accommodations section when they are released. Historically they've been released in September but this years dates seem to be running a bit later. This years WL discounts have only been 5% which is a bit disappointing.

You can book them by calling Disney direct and asking for the special offer or by booking online. When you book online, you must go through the special offer link or you will get full rack rate.

Strmchsr
07-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Magical Journeys handles room-only bookings even for that short time. You can book now and when room-only discounts are released, they'll hook you up. I suggest you check with them.

bevyoakum
07-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Magical Journeys shows that they do 3 nights minimum..... I'd love to use them as I have before. Any work around?

Imalismom
07-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Please be aware that recently WL has only been showing a 5% discount, where others (i.e BC, YC, BWI and AKL) have been showing up to 35% off.

So, it might be better to look at all resorts and the discount offered. I am a WL die-hard, yet I am doing 2 days at YC in August due to WL only being at 5% off, and YC being at 35% off.

The three discounts I usually check for:
AP rate (must have AP for this)
AAA rate (must have AAA for this)
Disney Visa Rate (must have Disney Visa for this)

and ask if there is a PIN code associated with your name (the answer for me is always no but others have had a yes answer)

Strmchsr
07-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Magical Journeys shows that they do 3 nights minimum..... I'd love to use them as I have before. Any work around?

I think for repeat customers they might can waive that. It would be worth checking with them. For some reason I'm thinking I've done only 2 nights, but I've booked a ton of trips with MJ and it's hard for me to remember for sure.

Scott C
07-07-2012, 03:03 PM
MJ absolutely did book a 2 night stay for me in 2010. It may have been against policy--but it did happen. Got me a discounted room at OKW with only a 24 hour notice.

Thanks
Scott C

brownie
07-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I think it depends on the agent; it's worth asking and looking into with Magical Journeys.

bevyoakum
07-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the help as always - I can count on this forum to answer my questions. MJ will help previous clients w/ shorter trips - happy & grateful.