PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel

Disney4us2
07-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I am excited... Just booked a room for a one night stay on 9/2/12. I used my DVC points and converted it to reservation points.

We have never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel before. All the standard rooms were booked, so we got a premium room. For those who have stayed there before, any tips? Any resort activities? I know the GCH has resort guest activities.

I had a room booked at HOJO, but was not that sure of it, and didn't really like spending the extra cash on a room. Cancelled that room out.

We will be at Disneyland by 3am that morning to work the Disneyland Half Marathon (very early shift). Didn't want to drive home drowsy and will spend some park time and the rest resort time.

Lacy
07-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time for the Half Marathon this year. I did the run in 2010 and my DH didn't make it to see me finish because the shuttle from down Harbor took too long. So I convinced him to go for the DLH so he wouldn't be able to miss seeing me run since all he will have to do is make it out of the hotel :blush: I can't wait as I've always wanted to stay there!

And as a runner I wanted to say THANKS for working the race!

tinkwest
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Enjoy your stay. The newly appointed rooms are gorgeous. I'm not sure about resort activities. A good time to visit the Tiki Bar is when you are staying on property! :marg:

Mickey'sGirl
07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel back in 2009, and I do not remember any resort specific activities (other than the Character meets in the Lobby!) The Peter Pan pool was very cool ... and watching the fireworks whilst lying in bed was VERY VERY cool! :fworks:

CMCTxMom
07-09-2012, 12:50 PM
We stayed there a few years back. I think they've done some referb since then, but we liked it well enough. Goofy was always walking around there, and DS1 got some great time and interaction with him. That was really great. And the restaurant (Goofy's Kitchen, maybe?) was pretty good - character buffet. Dont remember resort activities, per se. But it was nice. It WAS a little farter of a walk from the entrance to the parks than I would have liked, but taking the monorail half-way helped, especially with my little ones. I think we'd try to stay at GC next time, though. My parents stayed there and we loved their room. Hope you have a great time!

ryca1dreams
07-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Not to poke fun at a "Dallas area" neighbor, but I love your mis-spell on line 4. :mickey:

Good to hear the positive things about the Disneyland Hotel. That's where we're thinking of staying this fall. Never been to DLR, so it should be fun.

Laughin' place
07-10-2012, 04:37 PM
My son and I (WDW vets) stayed at DLH for 4 nights the week of June 15. It is expensive, but well worth it. The newly remodeled rooms are very nice, certainly 4 star plus. We are too big, rough and tumble "guy" guys, and we loved the room and the light up head board, LOL.
The new pool is nice, altho the monorail waterslide doesnt really have enough water to carry full sized adults down very well. Still, its beautiful and a great addition. We loved the new DLH, and prefer it by quite a bit to Paradise Pier.

doombuggy
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
And the restaurant (Goofy's Kitchen, maybe?) was pretty good - character buffet. Dont remember resort activities, per se. But it was nice. It WAS a little farter of a walk from the entrance to the parks than I would have liked, ...

Yes, Goofy's Kitchen, and LOL at your typo. :funny: