PDA

View Full Version : We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 1

Mammabruski
07-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Here we go! Day one of our eight night trip June 16th - 24th

The "Cast" for this trip:

ME: mammabruski
DD1: My five year old almost kindergarten daughter
DD2: My two year old almost preschooler (to be three in August)
DM: Pirate Granny (My wonderful Mom, also known as Buszia – polish for grandma- who lives way too far away)
DF: My funny Dad, known as Papa to my girls
DS: My sarcastic and darling sister, who the girls adore

Link to Pre-Trip Report (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=192038)

June 16th
We woke the girls up around 6:15am, and they slowly came to life. Once they were wide awake, I gave them their new “surprise” toys and books for the plane. They were thrilled with the new game for their leappad, the “magic pen” coloring books and the Snow White and Prince Barbies; so much so that they almost didn’t hear me as I delivered the best surprise: we weren’t going to Kansas, but to Disney World!!! They both sat in shock for a minute or two and then I got them all excited with questions and exclamations of my excitement. They were thrilled they were going to Disney, not Kansas (not that there is anything wrong Kansas, I just had to pick a random place to tell them we were going somewhere)!

We quickly got to the airport, had a rushed breakfast and the girls and I said goodbye to DH as we got on the plane. The girls were so well behaved for the flight and the new toys and snacks kept them occupied for the entire four hours. When we arrived at MCO, my sister was waiting for us outside of security!! The girls were so excited to see her. We walked right onto the Magic Express, which left promptly, but sadly did not play the welcome video – go figure. My sister and I almost mutinied! After just one stop we arrived at the Contemporary (or the Temporary as C calls it) with my parents waiting for our motor coach.

After checking out our room, a two bedroom, theme park view BLT villa, we went right down to the pool. It was a spectacular day; hardly a cloud in sight and the girls had a blast playing with their family in the pool. The slide was amazing! After spending an hour and a half at the pool we cleaned up and headed to Chef Mickey’s. Dinner was pretty good and the character interaction was a riot! Goofy tried to steal my youngest DD, he literally tried to walk away with her until she started freaking out.

After dinner we rode the monorail around to the Poly, went to the beach and then took the boat to MK and walked “home” back to BLT. We got the girls into their jammies and settled in to watch the Water Pagent, the Castle show and then Wishes on one of our Balconies. It was a magical night! After putting the girls down to sleep, my Mom and my sister and I went up to the TotWL to have a drink, then called it a night.

I have to say the first day is always the best no matter what. The girls were in awe/shock and on their best behavior despite the long day. I loved how happy we all were and how great the weather was. It was so wonderful to stay at BLT, even if only for one night. I adored sitting and watching all there was to see with a theme park view. It was also amazing to visit with my family, since I hadn't seen them since Christmas. Could it get any better?

Mickey'sGirl
07-06-2012, 12:29 PM
How perfect could your day be??!!!? Just fabulous! :thumbsup:

lettripp
07-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Sounds like a fun and relaxing first day :-)

SBETigg
07-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Sounds amazing! I can just imagine the excitement! :)

VWL Mom
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
What a great start of your trip. Your girls night out to end the day sounds like a nice way to unwind.

faline
07-06-2012, 07:15 PM
What a terrific day - from start to finish!!

Pirate Granny
07-06-2012, 08:28 PM
My feeling exactly...a wonderful day, with our gals...

amorillo
07-08-2012, 02:34 PM
wow. what a great start! can't wait to read more! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree! The first day is the best!:mickey:

DizNee143
07-12-2012, 01:41 PM
What a great start to your vacation!!:mickey:

January-2007
07-16-2012, 11:44 AM
So glad your trip started on such a fabulous note!