PDA

View Full Version : Next Trip

riley1129
07-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Although I have been to WDW 12 times in my short 18 years of life and have pretty much seen everything, I need a little help from you members of intercot. What is your favorite thing to do throughout the entire resort. I am taking my college roommate and her mom (possibly) with my mom in May. We will be ending our first year of college and they have never been. My mom has been 18 times and me 12 and were not sure whats most important to show them/anything we've never seen before. :mickey:

faline
07-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I'd suggest getting them a planning guidebook such as Birnbaum's Official guide and also ordering the planning CD. After your friend and her mom have had a chance to peruse the materials, find out what they'd like to see or do. You can use their "must-dos" to create your plan! I think most first-timers want to the basic stuff - visit the parks and ride the rides they've heard about for years but never experienced. Your expertise in getting around the parks, using fast passes etc. will be what helps enhance their experience.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I agree with Linda, have a must do list. Also, make sure what kind of rides they like and tailor the visit to include those. If they have height issues etc make sure you tell them what to expect on each ride and then let them make the decision whether to go on it or not. Make sure to tell them about your favorites and why they are your favorites. And don't forget, it's your vacation too so don't sacrifice everything for them; make sure you get to do what you want as well.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I second the idea of getting them one of the planning books, and seeing what they are most interested in, and then planning so you're sure to hit those.

When we took my Mom for the first time a couple of years ago, she was very much into just letting us decide what we wanted to do, since everything was new and exciting for her.

Don't forget though, it will take longer to tour with "newbies" since they will want to look at things and explore more, since it is all new.