PDA

View Full Version : Electric Water Pageant

goofygonewild
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it is part of my upcoming trip planning so here it is. I would like to take the family one evening to watch the MK fireworks and water pageant from one of the resort beaches and maybe hang out for a bit enjoying the beach. Is it possible to do this if we are staying on property but just not at that particular resort? We will have our own car and thought we would drive over from AoA for a couple hours some evening to check it out. Thanks for your input!

sportsguy2315
07-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Yes, you should do it with very little problem. IŽd recommend the Poly (Best views IMO). Since you have a car, my course of action would be to get an ADR at Ohana or Kona Cafe, then head down to the beach for the fireworks.

SBETigg
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Agreeing with Andy. The Poly is your best bet for a dead-on panoramic view of all the fireworks following the Electric Water Pageant (if the timing happens to work out, and it usually does), plus it's a great place to view the ELP. I think you can park there for up to three hours, but not sure on that. You could make a night of it and have a meal at one of the Polynesian's fine restaurants, Kona or 'Ohana. Or you could grab a snack or a bite at Captain Cook's and bring it out to the beach with you. You can see it anywhere along the beach with a pretty good view.

In case the Poly doesn't work out for you time-wise, here is the schedule and order of appearance (occasionally a few minutes off here or there depending on fireworks). From Info Central:

Polynesian -- 9:00 p.m.
Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
Ft. Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary -- 10:05 p.m.

cather74
07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Poly! Grab some chairs or a hammock and enjoy!:fworks::fworks::fworks:

steamboat willy
07-06-2012, 08:17 AM
As a WDW Resort guest...no problem with a visit and parking at any Disney Resort. Just tell the Security Guard you are dining or shopping and have your resort parking pass visible. Poly Beach :tikki: is a good one For EWP and the :fworks:with a Dole Whip :tasty: and a beach chair!

j2k
07-06-2012, 09:32 AM
What a great idea! I was going to ask the same thing. We're staying at CSR in a month and this would be a great way to spend an evening!!

goofygonewild
07-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks eveyone! That's exactly what I wanted to know. Should be a nice relaxing evening.

A Big Kid
07-06-2012, 06:25 PM
If you plan on watching it from the Poly, parking at the TTC is also a good option.