PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Pin

Hog
07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
So we got a free dining pin and we didn't think we would go to Disney this year so my wife threw it away. Now we are thinking that we might want to go, is there any way to get it from Disney etc? Also on the same paper it said 30% off select hotels, when we goto book online are those prices already built in?

Thanks

faline
07-05-2012, 12:03 PM
The pin should be associated with your name. If you call Disney, they should be able to look it up!

Ms. Mode
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Would you have to pick which discount you want? Like if you take the free dining can you have the 30% off the resort also? I always thought it was one or the other. :confused:

joonyer
07-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Would you have to pick which discount you want? Like if you take the free dining can you have the 30% off the resort also? I always thought it was one or the other. :confused:

It is one or the other. Can't have both.
Free dining? pay rack rate.
Discount rooms? can't get free dining.
Run the numbers and see which is a better savings for your trip.

Ms. Mode
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
It is one or the other. Can't have both.
Free dining? pay rack rate.
Discount rooms? can't get free dining.
Run the numbers and see which is a better savings for your trip.

Thanks! That's what I thought but then started second guessing myself. We went with the 30% and are going without the DDP this trip...first time since the first trip in 2004!

Hog
07-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I know you need a Pin # for free dining, but do you need a pin for 30% off Hotel?

Strmchsr
07-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I know you need a Pin # for free dining, but do you need a pin for 30% off Hotel?

That's probably one of the room only specials. Usually there's a public offering for that.

CMCTxMom
07-08-2012, 01:25 PM
I've heard of getting those pins before... how do you get them?

Strmchsr
07-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I've heard of getting those pins before... how do you get them?

It's a great mystery and no one really knows, despite all the constant speculation. Basically, make sure you're registered on the WDW website, that you list your interests in a trip and if you fit their criteria, whatever that may be, you'll get one. I've been sent 4 in one year and then gone 2-3 years without one at all so who knows?