PDA

View Full Version : What brings you back to Disney?

riley1129
07-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to LIVE in Disney World. Everytime I got to Albany International and boarded my plane all of my worries went away. Disney is like a safe haven for me and I constantly am reminded that I still an be a kid.

My favorite part of Disney, are the friendly cast members. Without them Disney would not be the way it is.

Whats your reasoning for coming back to Disney?:mickey3:

caryrae
07-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Just the feel of the Parks and the fun you can have as a Family. One big thing for me is how much there is to do in such a small area, you don't have to go very far whether you drive or use other Transportation to get anywhere.

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Sights, smells, sounds, and the feeling I am a million miles from my stressfull life. The sights of the WDW signs as we drive onto property, the first sight of the monorail soaring toward Epcot, the first glimpse of the Castle, Spaceship Earth, and Expedition everest. The smell of the Poly's Great Ceremonial House, the smell of POTC as we walk through the old fort, the Land Pavilion, and Mexico's pepper plant aroma. The sound of atmosphere music everywhere you go, bus brakes, and the monorail gliding overhead. I am at 17 days and counting and starting to get a little emotional.....:thumbsup:

Wolf
07-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Time with just my Mom, noone else goes with us, noone gets to bother us, just us hanging out. Its awesome, we work alternate shifts at home and I dont get to see her as much as I like, so my trips with her mean more to me than anything. I've never gone there and not teared up at some point, its this overwhelming happiness I only get there, its just so special to me...:blush:

EJS-Houston
07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
The very feeling the original poster described: being able to feel that sense of wonder, adventure and overwhelming emotion I felt when I first experienced DisneyWorld as a 12-year-old.

Hog
07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Being care free. When at Disney it is a true vacation, you don't have to drive anywhere or think about anything. There is good food at every turn and so much to do. We love being busy and aren't the type of people who can sit at a beach all day. Disney always wins out when it comes to family vacations because of the limitless amount of things to do.

PlutoPlanet
07-05-2012, 12:21 PM
We like the World Class Customer Service. The parks are so clean. The restaurants are very good. When we start a vacation there, I forget about work right away. It doesn't take long to get into the vacation mood.

Tinkerbella16
07-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Sights, smells, sounds, and the feeling I am a million miles from my stressfull life. The sights of the WDW signs as we drive onto property, the first sight of the monorail soaring toward Epcot, the first glimpse of the Castle, Spaceship Earth, and Expedition everest. The smell of the Poly's Great Ceremonial House, the smell of POTC as we walk through the old fort, the Land Pavilion, and Mexico's pepper plant aroma. The sound of atmosphere music everywhere you go, bus brakes, and the monorail gliding overhead. I am at 17 days and counting and starting to get a little emotional.....:thumbsup:

Exactly this!!! :mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
07-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Family time.
No vacation will ever compare and we are all now adults.
It's also a feeling of security as opposed to vacationing in Mexico or overseas.

Mousemates
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Memories...I have had many memorable trips over there over the years, many with people I love who are now passed away...WDW brings back many wonderful memories and continues to be place where new ones are still made.

joonyer
07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
It's cliche, I know, but its really the MAGIC!

azcavalier
07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
It's just a step above.

But mainly its the attention to detail. We've been going for over ten years, and I still find new things, new details that I never saw before. Even when it doesn't change, there are still new experiences to go along with the old favorites.

Ms. Mode
07-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Being care free. When at Disney it is a true vacation, you don't have to drive anywhere or think about anything. There is good food at every turn and so much to do. We love being busy and aren't the type of people who can sit at a beach all day. Disney always wins out when it comes to family vacations because of the limitless amount of things to do.

This is it exactly! Also, we just have not a care in the "world" and no responsibilities other than making it to the ADR on time.:cloud9:

ransam
07-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Southwest Airlines.

SandmanGStefani24
07-05-2012, 06:19 PM
apart from the fact that I feel the same way and age everytime I enter the parks despite it being decades since my first visit...

I'd say it has to be the complete sense of escape I feel the minute I get off the plane. Once I start walking down the familiar terminal, and out to the rental car lane, and then to road 417 I am "away" from normal life. I especially enjoy the drive from the airport to the resorts/parks because it adds to the feeling of "going away" for a while. I feel like nothing can touch me, and I am most happy the most relaxed when I am at WDW. Everything from the food at Epcot, chatting with strangers at the poolside bar, hearing other people scream with you on rides, and the feeling that you aren't in Florida but some other land depending on where you are in the parks are things only WDW can offer me. I hope one day when I can afford it, or retired, I can give back to the parks a little of what they gave me. I at least always try to pass on some "magic" to others at the parks, like giving away my arcade tokens, helping take pictures or give directions, ect.

Nothing like being away for a while, and for that all too brief moment, nothing else matters.

Gator
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Escape. Escape from the real world and into a world of magic.

MrPeetrie
07-05-2012, 09:30 PM
My DW refers to it as "being inside the Disney bubble." When we are on vacation there, we are immersed into Disney's storytelling. Very, very few outside intrusions. It is the perfect place to reconnect with your family.

Another reason is the varied entertainment. We can spend 10 days there and not feel as though we're repeating the same experiences over and over again. If you've been to other destinations, after two or three days, you begin to feel as though you've seen EVERYTHING that place has to offer. That never happens in WDW.

Tink#64
07-05-2012, 11:51 PM
It's just a step above.

But mainly its the attention to detail. We've been going for over ten years, and I still find new things, new details that I never saw before. Even when it doesn't change, there are still new experiences to go along with the old favorites.

My DW refers to it as "being inside the Disney bubble." When we are on vacation there, we are immersed into Disney's storytelling. Very, very few outside intrusions. It is the perfect place to reconnect with your family.

Another reason is the varied entertainment. We can spend 10 days there and not feel as though we're repeating the same experiences over and over again. If you've been to other destinations, after two or three days, you begin to feel as though you've seen EVERYTHING that place has to offer. That never happens in WDW.

:exactly: I couldn't have said it any better! :thanks: And when my family is immersed in the magic of WDW, we just seem to reconnect as a family! Life is Good! :cloud9:

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
07-06-2012, 03:02 AM
It brings back memories of my childhood and all the great memories I had with my family. I used to watch all the Disney movies with my family (still do :) ) as a small kid and then when I was brought to Disney World I was completey imersed in the magic of those stories I loved. Its very magical and mad me feel as if the worries I have now just kinda melt away. Plus its just lots of fun. :mickey

azcavalier
07-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Southwest Airlines.

Where's the "Like" button???

dulyjs
07-06-2012, 01:18 PM
The chip they planted in my head when I was six in 1971.

PETE FROM NYC
07-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Simply stated:

My wife Elsie and I are the world's biggest kids.

Fantasmic
07-08-2012, 09:23 AM
The sense of escapisim, and the 2 week break from my allergies (that I get all year round in the UK!)

VWL Mom
07-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Family time.
No vacation will ever compare and we are all now adults.

So true, it's the only place we can go where the outside world just slips away

Southwest Airlines.
:funny:

The sense of escapisim, and the 2 week break from my allergies (that I get all year round in the UK!)
I thought it was just me! Allergy free all last week, 24 hours after being home the inability to breathe is back.

DisneyEpcotDad
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
:mickey: I started going to DW in 1991 when my sons were 10 and 5 years old. At first we would go every 2 years. Once they entered their college age years, I found myself going back by myself. May, October, December, February became regular return months for me many times on my own. The weather, the varety of things to do, and being able to set my own pace as an adult without kids have all been pluses. I once decided that I would take a 2 year break from DW, but after awhile I missed going. DW became my escape from the wintry weather of the midwest. I have been over 30 times and counting! It's simply a place where those of all ages can enjoy themselves.:clappy:

gratuspater
07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally it was nostalgia, and the rides, now I'm just as happy relaxing at the hotel and walking around the parks at night, I love the parks after dark! What keeps me coming back yearly now is our boys! I love seeing their smiles and knowing that they'll have those happy memories forever!:)

E-OR
07-08-2012, 11:38 AM
For our family it is that we all love WDW. It is the one vacation where we are all happy and enjoying ourselfs. We all have our favorite ride, restaurant, resort, and shopping area. We love the weather in florida, and look forward to the humid feel when we get off the airplane. (Not that summer humidity but the spring and late fall humidity) When we talk vacation we all know that we are making plans for our WDW trip. Started going when our boys were 5 and 11 they're 22 and 28 now - girlfriends are now in the picture. When the boys were in college or school we sometimes went without one but made sure that we were able to spend as much family time as we could at the Happiest Place On Earth.

Eric87
07-08-2012, 11:50 AM
It brings back memories of my childhood and all the great memories I had with my family. I used to watch all the Disney movies with my family (still do :) ) as a small kid and then when I was brought to Disney World I was completey imersed in the magic of those stories I loved. Its very magical and mad me feel as if the worries I have now just kinda melt away. Plus its just lots of fun. :mickey

I agree with this completely. We took only a handful of family vacations when we were younger and my favorite memories are of the two trips we took to WDW. Now it has become the new memories that are created with each new trip with my wife and daughter, soon to be daughters. Technology having advanced so much has already done this for my DD who loves watching video of herself on the past two trips. She may not remember them, but there will always be hours of video and hundreds of pictures for her to look at!

LandFan
07-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Simply stated:

My wife Elsie and I are the world's biggest kids.

The sense of escapisim

Yes - to both of those!! I love that I can ditch all the worries and everything is taken care of!:cloud9:

TheVBs
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
The total immersion we experience there. Knowing it's a guaranteed good time for us as a family vacation. The incredible, magical memories we make there. Knowing that there are still new experiences to enjoy. Everything! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2012, 03:40 PM
The magic of course....there really is no place on earth like it. The last two trips we talked about waiting awhile to come back but its not long before I am dreaming up the next trip.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2012, 03:43 PM

That's so funny....I have had a constant battle with allergies this past year. I noticed during our December trip that I wasn't packing tissues around because I didn't have symptoms. Cool:)

SandmanGStefani24
07-08-2012, 07:45 PM
That's so funny....I have had a constant battle with allergies this past year. I noticed during our December trip that I wasn't packing tissues around because I didn't have symptoms. Cool:)

That IS funny! I got sick the day before I was going to WDW, and arrived with a slight fever, congestion and a very sore throat. One ride on Space Mountain and a few screams later my throat was cured, and a few hours later I was completely healthy! True story! Always thought there was some sort of healing power there, or maybe pixie dust? :D Maybe that's what we smell in those water rides...

DNS
07-09-2012, 10:12 PM
All the things you can do there. Great place for adults with or without children. You can stay as busy as you want, or do nothing and still have a great time. Some days we do not even go to the parks at all. Just hotel hop, or hang out at our resort.

Arielfan98
07-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Everything really! It depends on when you first went there. I first went there from a young age as a toddler so it was always quite magical and fun for me. It also has to do with the fact, that I myself am also from NY, so to go into a warmer, more tropical place feels better. I believe if you're an adult what pulls you back to Disney is the priceless expression on your child's face and the great service and good times.

JWB3
07-10-2012, 12:01 PM
All of the above, plus not having to cook or make lunches for a week or so!!

Good thread, Riley1129!!

LudwigVonDrake
07-10-2012, 05:08 PM
It gets me away from "reality". No stress...no worries.

SlinkyDog
07-10-2012, 07:28 PM
It was the thrill of running to space mountain when the park opened but they put an end to that.:( Then it was the hot dogs at Casey's Corner but they changed them for the worst.:ack:Then it was the world class costumer service but more and more jerks seem to get hired. :mad:Then it was the great merchandise but now that's becoming harder to find.:fit: If anything ever happens to living with the land i dont know what i will do.

finaldynasty
07-10-2012, 07:29 PM
All of the above, plus not having to cook or make lunches for a week or so!!

Good thread, Riley1129!!

I agree all of the above and great thread...

In addition, for me and my family it is the ability to find something that speaks to each member of our family..whether it be ToT for my oldest daughter, Mission Space for my son, or Turtle Talk for my youngest.

My DW is a Fantasmic, Soarin type of girl....WDW has something for everyone!

phillydan
07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
We keep coming back because I love seeing how my kids have grown through the years - each visit brings a different perspective through their eyes. Now that the kids are older, we no longer chase after characters, but pay more attention to the theming of the attractions and other park details - especially looking for hidden mickeys. The kids are even excited about where we will be eating! It's like a new vacation experience each time. Most of all though, they get the magic.

dizneydeb22
07-11-2012, 01:56 PM
We go back year after year for the MAGIC, MAGIC, MAGIC! It is the one place that has something for everyone in our family, thrill seekers and non thrill seekers alike!

The attention to detail and the imagination involved in all the attractions never ceases to amaze me! My son, who has special needs, loves to fill us in on all the details...he has an amazing knowledge base on Disney!

indytraveler
07-12-2012, 04:26 PM
What has kept us Disney addicts over the years is that special feeling you get when you walk inside the gates. I don't feel like an "old person" but rather a kid in an adults body. It reminds me of a simpler time when I first went there with my parents and grandparents to now when I take my kids. Memories abound in all the parks and the characters in the parks bring back that age of innocence when times were much simpler.

The way the parks are laid out plays a factor too. You don't see highways or streets from them while you're inside. Rather you see more "magic" and theming. This is what really separates Disney from all the others.

Dr. Disney
07-12-2012, 09:55 PM

Nailed it! Care free is so easy at the World.. Driving on the bus from point to point and never really leaving this magical place! Now, I am getting more excited thinking about it!!

lawgirl
07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to LIVE in Disney World. Everytime I got to Albany International and boarded my plane all of my worries went away. Disney is like a safe haven for me and I constantly am reminded that I still an be a kid.
:

I totally relate to that! Its always been a safe, magical oasis for me, where all my cares and concerns are left behind. I don't know if its because I always associate WDW with spending time and having fun with my Daddy...not sure. But it will forever be my magical place.

I also love how well kept up it is...I can always count on the AKL to be pretty much pristine and the parks and whole property is so well maintained. We love the WDW transportation and dining options, and pretty much everything about a vacation there. We have never been disappointed in a WDW vacation, and we've been going since it opened. I think that's a pretty impressive track record!

Great post, BTW!

mommy2maddi
07-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Disney brings out the child that lives in all of us but rarely shows up on a daily basis. When I am on my way to Disney World I have a sense of calm, and happiness that I don't often get. Once you drive through the gate your worries melt away. Everyone-from the hotel desk staff to the mousekeepers, to the princesses in the parks-are all smiling, cheerful and happy. WDW is one place I can forget about "the real world" for a little while and just have fun. Can't wait to start this journey with my daughters. :mickey:

minnie04
07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Great post! For me it’s the feeling I get when we get close to the "action" meaning the hotels, people, shopping and of course the parks. I love everything Disney :mickey: I always get that feeling that life is perfect at least for the time we are there. No bills, no troubles, no worries!!! All the family is together in the happiest place on earth..:cloud9: