PDA

View Full Version : Which water park do you prefer?

riley1129
07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Just curious to see what water parks everyone prefers!

DisneyDINK
07-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Typhoon Lagoon has Crush'n Gusher which puts it slightly ahead of Blizzard Beach in my book, but they're both a lot of fun. If I could only do one I'd do TL (assuming you're not going in December ot January when one of them is closed), but at some point you should check them both out.

buzznwoodysmom
07-05-2012, 11:54 AM
We enjoy both water parks. Blizzard Beach seemed like it had more to do, but we love the wave pool at TL. When asked which water park they want to do, my boys will always pick TL first because of their wave pool.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2012, 12:02 PM
We're Blizzard Beach fans. I loved the 'tween area when DD was smaller, and prefer the "bobbing" waves in the wave pool to the huge wave at TL.

SBETigg
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Blizzard Beach. The theming and some of the rides, like Teamboat Springs, put it a notch above Typhoon Lagoon for me. But they're both great.

PlutoPlanet
07-05-2012, 12:27 PM
We prefer Typhoon Lagoon. When our DD was under 11 years old, we liked Blizzard Beach better.

laprana
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I like both, but much prefer TL if for no other reason than Crushin' Gusher! I could ride that all day long and never get bored. I also like the landscaping and atmosphere of TL better...it has a more tropical feel with more shaded areas than BB. :thumbsup:

joonyer
07-05-2012, 02:14 PM
We gave up trying to decide which one was better. We just get the Water Parks and More option, and go to both on every trip. Several times. :thumbsup:

Wolf
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I personally like Blizzard Beach, just because its cuter to me! I love the little gator with his skiis instead of a sunburn I guess. I don't do any of the water rides tho so I'm not sure if my vote even should count in this lol :blush:

BIGDOG
07-09-2012, 02:48 PM
TL ... it has sharks

Arielfan98
07-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Truthfully, yes TL has the water-roller-coaster, but I didn't feel my experience there was as magical and fun (especially since I'm not that big on sharks). I enjoy blizzard beach a lot more because the setting seems more fun to me and I enjoy the attractions there a lot more. It all depends on your taste to be honest, although both parks will satisfy you greatly.

queen bee
07-09-2012, 08:54 PM
The family likes Blizzard Beach. I just do what I'm told.
I'm "told" that we will be going to both parks this August. It always is a great option to beat the Florida heat.;)

PirateLover
07-10-2012, 09:43 PM
I like both but would probably choose Typhoon Lagoon. I really enjoy Crush 'N' Gusher, and I like the overall vibe of kind of being more laid back. I feel like at Blizzard Beach things were a little more hectic. But both were enjoyable, as I love waterparks!

SlinkyDog
07-13-2012, 04:42 PM
I would choose Typhoon Lagoon. I like the vibe, has much more shade, the wave pool is great. Blizzard Beach is just to loud, i know that sounds crazy buy after a few hours i really need to leave that park.

alongfortheride
08-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Blizzard Beach for me, simply because of the dynamic duo of Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher. I LOVE those slides! And then kick back in the lazy river. Typhoon Lagoon is great too (Crush'n Gusher and the shark swim), but BB gets my vote.

mikeyrio
08-12-2012, 06:27 AM
We love typhoon lagoon it seems to be more shaded, also those tunes that they play over the intercom are great; love The Beach Boys.Also one trip after getting ready to leave the park my DS wanted some mini doughnuts, because it was well after closing The vender said "take as many as you want they will go to waste no cost ":thumbsup:
Good times

Melanie
08-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Very recently visited both, and Typhoon Lagoon gets my vote. We LOVED Crush 'n Gusher. Most fun I've had in a long, long time! Weee!! Overall, I just liked the atmosphere better at TL. The whole concept at BB is really "cool" though. ;)

Christine
08-12-2012, 07:21 AM
TL ... it has sharks

:thumbsup: I like this!

I think TL is fun as well. The wave pool wears me out!
I prefer the cutesy theming to BB though.

Great question. Hard choice!

E-OR
08-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Our family is split. I like BB but the rest of the family, husband and two sons, like TL. For me I like the rides at BB. I also like the feel of the park. My family likes all the slides at TL and the Gilligan's Island feel and look of it. I do really like the music they play at TL though. Mostly you'll find me floating the lazy river so I can enjoy both parks.