PDA

View Full Version : Packing list for a September trip...

mom2morgan
07-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Anyone want to help me create a packing list? I want to be organized and have everything I need, and I don't travel enough to have this down pat! It's myself, hubby, and DD's 18 and 13.

Strmchsr
07-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Here's one (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/whattopack.asp) packing list from Info Central already laid out for you.

bmj721
07-04-2012, 04:48 PM
We are also going in September 7th-21st. September can be hot. Watch weather projections as trip draws nearer. I start with a list for each person traveling. And it is based on how many days there, if I plan to take a day(s) for laundry/pool (which I do), and people's needs and individual likes and dislikes. Since we are down there for so long, I will do laundry twice. So I am taking 5 days of clothes for each person. We have DH, DSx2, girlfriend of DS#1, and the ever-loving mother-in-law (who packs for her self, thank God). Older son takes care of his own and so will girlfriend. I pack for DH and 15yo DS. So, specifically, plan on 5 t-shirts, 3 shorts, 1-2 long pants or capris depending M or F, swimwear, night wear, 2 prs shoes (1 sandals), 2-3 PJ's, Enough unmentionables for 6-7 days. I always allow for a couple extra unmentionables.
Then there are the "other" items like prescribed medications, First aid type things(just a few), personal toiletries, electronics, ie. camera, cell, IPod, and their respective chargers. Usually the non-clothing items out number the clothing. Everything is evenly distributed in the suitcases. I prefer to not have to buy.
I use WORD program to make a table and place in it everything I will take. Travel day, I check off each item after packing it. I use the same list for the return home, so nothing is left behind. The great thing about the list on the computer is it is frequently amended until packing day. The others can add, also, especially specific clothing or personal items.
We do not have over 50lb issue going down, however with purchases we have had to mail home a box for the overflow.
I hope this helps.:mickey:

j2k
07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Make sure you add your important trip papers to the list.
We're going next month and I haven't completed my packing list yet but I have been piling items together in our guest bedroom. I bought a reusable plastic envelope to put all our important papers in and that's on the bed next to the pile I have started.
I plan to complete my packing list tonight after fireworks and my daughter goes to sleep. If I have anything else to add I will post again.

faline
07-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I keep a list on the computer, adding or deleting items as needed. A week or so before the trip, I'll print the list.

I cross things off the list as they get packed so I know they've already been packed - some items are left in the luggage from trip to trip (such as a comb or headphones for the airplane) so those are reviewed and checked off as well. If I am unable to pack something until the last minute, it won't get crossed off or I'll make a separate list of last minute items that need to be packed. These are usually things like the cell phone and/or items I need to use up until the moment we're leaving.

The link that Chris provided to the packing list in Info Central is a good starting place!

BugeyedMuggy
07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
A good place to start is what you use every day from when you get up in the morning. Chances are you will need them on vacation also.Then watch the weather and pack accordingly. Just remember anything you forget you can more than likely purchase. I always try not to over pack but that never happens. A different color flip flop or sandle for each outfit is a must.