PDA

View Full Version : where to stay

Dyanna
07-04-2012, 10:51 AM
We may have to arrive to MCO the night before our trip to avoid some higher airfares. Since WDW still has rates at $158 a night at the values where might I be able to get a lesser rate off sight & a location that can drive us to BLT with our luggage the next day for our week stay. OR since we are DVC members are we able to get a discounted rate for the value resorts?

faline
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
You can check the DVC member site to see all discounts that apply to DVC members.

I'm not sure that any of the off-site hotels will transport from the hotel to your resort on Disney property. You might be able to get return transportation to the airport where you could use Magical Express on your Disney check-in day but you'd need to be sure to sign up for the Magical Express Service.

Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations for you as to an off-site location to stay but will move this to the Accommodations forum.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I agree at a night at a value resort would be the easiest. DME to the resort, and then Disney will move your bags for the rest of your stay.

If you can get a room at AoA, you could start your Disney trip in a great new resort (with an AWESOME pool).

But otherwise, your best bet would be to book a hotel close to the airport, head back there after the night in the hotel, and then take Disney transportation to the resort.

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Depends on when you are going, but usually we pay less at the Dolphin. We just booked the Dolphin for $125/night plus a $50 resort credit and upgrade to Resort view. If you have AAA, teacher, military, or nurses discounts then you have a better chance of getting a really good deal. If you stay at the Swan/Dolphin that first night there will be plenty to do as well. Take the bus to DTD, or walk the boardwalk etc. No way I would ever pay $150+ for a value resort when I can always stay at the Swan/Dolphin for at least that much or less.:thumbsup:

AgentC
07-06-2012, 06:14 AM
I stayed off site for one night last year when I didn't book enough nights. I looked at a lot of hotels and found that most of the ones we would be willing to stay at where around the same price as Disney if not more. This may not be the same for everyone since I needed a room for 5.

The Swan/ Dolphin is a good option but if you need transportation and luggage moved, a value might be the best. You might be able to find a AAA discount. Are you a pass holder? Chances are a pass holder and /or general public discount will open up when it is closer to the date. I think the $158 is probably full rack rate. I just got a quite for Jul for $117.