PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Resort

riley1129
07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
At the age of 18, I have officially been to Disney World 12 times... some think its sad, I think it's spectacular. After all of these years my favorite resort hands down is Port Orleans Riverside (The old Dixie Landings).

Whats everyone else's favorite resorts?!:mickey:

5/98- CB
5/00- DL
5/03- POR
5/05- POR
5/06- SSR
11/06- BIRTHDAY TRIP! SSR
7/07- OKW
5/08- SSR
12/08- YBC
11/09- SWEET 16! SSR
7/10- PC
7/11- SSR

disneymom15
07-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Well, my favorite overall is Bay Lake Towers.

Favorite value resort is Pop (have stayed at all the values except the new AoA).
Favorite moderate is POFQ ( have stayed at all mods except Coronado Springs).
Favorite deluxe is BLT (have stayed at AKL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs & BLT).

darthmacho
07-04-2012, 10:33 AM
First of all, if you are 18yo, have been to WDW 12 times, and have an appreciation for Port Orleans Riverside, then I'd not consider you sad, but instead imagine that you are enlightened beyond your age!

I too love Port Orleans Riverside, but my favorite WDW resort, has, and will always be, the Wilderness Lodge! :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Our is AKL and YC.

Mousemates
07-04-2012, 11:49 AM
for the money - POR

for a splurge - WL or CR

txdisneyfanatic
07-04-2012, 11:59 AM
We LOVE Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club!!:mickey:

Plex
07-04-2012, 12:31 PM
my favorite so far has been Beach Club, however our upcoming trip to VWL may change that!

But BC proximity to the Boardwalk area, Epcot, and DHS is AWESOME.

Belle of the Ball 051411
07-04-2012, 02:31 PM
My fav is the Grand Floridian! It's so beautiful and Disney's flagship hotel. Love the monorail access.

Skippy
07-04-2012, 02:42 PM
On a regular basis, we call Port Orleans Riverside home. On a splurge, AKL.

Gator
07-04-2012, 05:27 PM
My favorite has to be Coronado Springs, Rancho section. It seems so much like the Yukatan Pen. The rooms are classy, the food options are really good, and the bus service is excellent.

Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani is a close second, but the price keeps me away.

Surprised that the OP likes Riverside so much. It was the first resort I stayed at 10 years ago, and I was sorely disappointed. We were placed in the Alligator Bayou, which is a terrible area. Had we stayed in a mansion, we'd probably end up loving it - but AB is a terrible place inside and out.

disney obsessed
07-04-2012, 05:40 PM
AKL :mickey:

cajunmickey
07-04-2012, 05:54 PM
POFQ love the smallness and beautiful gardens.

LudwigVonDrake
07-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Wilderness Lodge all the way!! :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
07-04-2012, 06:50 PM
My husband's favorite is POR. My favorite is CSR. Stayed in the Ranchos section last year and loved the location :)

MissMaryPoppins
07-04-2012, 11:32 PM
This is tough! I have a few favorites but because we've been to Old Key West so many times and had such great vacations there, I'd pick that one. My whole family and our friends were all there last summer for my brother's wedding weekend. We all had a wonderful time and everyone loved the resort. We also all enjoyed Olivia's. Not one cast member flinched when 13 of us showed up for dinner without a reservation

jonahbear2006
07-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Beach Club, hands down!! I love hanging out at the resorts and so I dont necessarily mind where I lay my head. Staying DVC makes it perfect bc then we can pool hop and hang out at the diff resorts all week long and thats sometimes more fun for me than hanging out in the parks.

RBrooksC
07-05-2012, 07:49 AM
We stayed at the CR last year and that was a really nice place to stay. But, my wife and I still love the WL. We love the theming and the location. It feels so removed yet it is basically right next to the CR.

We are staying there again in a little over two weeks.

VWL Mom
07-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Wilderness Lodge for me :cloud9:

Belle--86
07-05-2012, 10:06 AM
POFQ is our favorite we have stayed a few times -- but that could change this August we are staying at AKL for our DD birthday and our Anniversery trip.:mickey:

DisneyDINK
07-05-2012, 10:49 AM
From my limited experience, I would have to say my favorite is the Poly. It just has a great relaxing feel to it.

ThanxForNoticin
07-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Prior to becoming a DVC member, I would have to agree with POR being our favorite, as well. Just a beautiful resort. Since DVC, AKL is without a doubt our favorite, with BC a close second.

Tinkerbella16
07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I've been to WDW 18 times in my 26 years and my favorite resort that I've stayed at so far would be Port Orleans French Quarter hands down. Riverside would be a very close second. I love everything about POFQ and will continue to stay there.

My favorite resort that I haven't stayed at yet but hope to someday would be the Poly. Ever since I was a kid I have loved this resort. It has been a tradition since 1992 to eat at either O'hanas or Kona every trip. I booked Kona twice for my upcoming trip, thats how much I love it! The atmosphere is surreal and just so relaxing. I really feel like I'm in WDW when I'm at the Poly. :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 01:29 PM
My favorite resort is and always has been the Poly. My earliest memories of WDW were as a very young child playing on the Poly's hill and swimming in the lagoon with my Grandparents on the only trip they ever went with us. I still remember the seafoam green and blue tile floors in the great ceremonial house. The WDW Dolphin is now a close second and feels like home. We just can't beat the deals we get at the Dolphin or the relaxing grotto pool and spectacular view and location.

As for your favorite being POR, I can understand that. We have stayed there a few times especially when it was Dixie Landings. It seems like home because I live less than a mile from the Mississippi River and our hometown is actually on the mural at check-in at POR. It is a relaxing resort and love the boat ride to DTD. As for you being so many times, I think that is fantastic. My DD15 has been more than twenty times and would vacation nowhere else. I can't wait for her to spoil my grandkids with the same treatment one day. :thumbsup:

riley1129
07-06-2012, 10:33 AM
I mean I have never stayed at a Disney Resort that i HATED... but like the SSR... I get bored with. I think the SSR is best for older couples. Although I'm 18, I still act like a child when I'm in Disney.. I MUST be doing something at all times

barnaby
07-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Of the 3 on-site I have stayed at, AS Movies has been my favorite so far. Love the theming and plus it was the resort we stayed at for my kid's/wife's first trip.

EJS-Houston
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM
At the age of 18, I have officially been to Disney World 12 times... some think its sad, I think it's spectacular. After all of these years my favorite resort hands down is Port Orleans Riverside (The old Dixie Landings).

Whats everyone else's favorite resorts?!:mickey:

5/98- CB
5/00- DL
5/03- POR
5/05- POR
5/06- SSR
11/06- BIRTHDAY TRIP! SSR
7/07- OKW
5/08- SSR
12/08- YBC
11/09- SWEET 16! SSR
7/10- PC
7/11- SSR

There's nothing sad about that! All power to you for knowing what you like and taking every opportunity to enjoy it.

I've not stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, but a good friend of mine says it's her favorite, too. So I'm curious what about it makes it your favoirte.

Mitzie
07-06-2012, 03:31 PM
My favorite has to be Coronado Springs, Rancho section. It seems so much like the Yukatan Pen. The rooms are classy, the food options are really good, and the bus service is excellent.

Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani is a close second, but the price keeps me away.

Surprised that the OP likes Riverside so much. It was the first resort I stayed at 10 years ago, and I was sorely disappointed. We were placed in the Alligator Bayou, which is a terrible area. Had we stayed in a mansion, we'd probably end up loving it - but AB is a terrible place inside and out.
I am so sorry disliked the AB section so much at POR..it is what makes that resort our favorite moderate. We love the theme of the buildings and the flora and fauna in the AB section. For a deluxe..AKL though with BC/YC so close to my favorite park..Epcot, they are a close second

Snow's Mom
07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
My family loved POR, the Aliigator Bayou section, too. Rustic, but beautiful.

I've enjoyed all of our hotels. Pop was a lot of fun. If I could afford it, though:thumbsup: , I'd do the Yacht Club again in a heartbeat.

riley1129
07-06-2012, 09:27 PM
There's nothing sad about that! All power to you for knowing what you like and taking every opportunity to enjoy it.

I've not stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, but a good friend of mine says it's her favorite, too. So I'm curious what about it makes it your favoirte.

I think what I loved about POR the most was the feeling the minute we pulled up to the main gate. I got this feeling that I was "home" and safe. I loved the pools and definitely loved the dining area. That feels more like Disney to me then all of the DVC places we stay in now

jkjs
07-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Over all fav is WL...

Have stayed @ all the values mult times except AoA but will be there in Sept. For now fav value is PC.

Stayed @ all the mods many times. Fav is POFQ with POR a close 2nd.

As above WL fav deluxe. That may change after we worked our way thru them all but doubt it.

EJS-Houston
07-09-2012, 03:04 PM
I think what I loved about POR the most was the feeling the minute we pulled up to the main gate. I got this feeling that I was "home" and safe. I loved the pools and definitely loved the dining area. That feels more like Disney to me then all of the DVC places we stay in now

Thanks! I'm leaning heavily toward Port Orleans Riverside for my next trip.

riley1129
07-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks! I'm leaning heavily toward Port Orleans Riverside for my next trip.

I LOVED POR. Some of the best trips I have ever gone on were when I stayed at POR!!!