PDA

View Full Version : Drive times between resorts and parks?

lawgirl
07-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Just curious, as its been a long time since we've had a car at WDW, does anyone know about how long it would take to get from the Beach Club resort over to the MK area, by car? I have no idea how to estimate what time we need to leave to make reservations. On the map it looks really close by, but I have no real concept as we have been using the bus system for the past few years.

Thanks!

Scar
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Car ride from Beach Club to Ticket and Transportaion Center is about 10 mins. Then walk, tram, boat, monorail, or all of the above to your final destination.

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 04:11 PM
The thing about driving to the MK is once you get there (to the TTC) you still have 15mins or more to the MK. I would plan on 45mins-1hour since you never know if the ferry will be ready to leave or just left when you get there. Also during more crowded times the monorail wait may be longer. I think the bus is always the faster option to MK because it drops you off at the MK not the TTC. The drive back could be extremely long if you wait until park closing. You would be fighting the crowds just to get to the TTC, then waiting on a tram to your car, then fighting heavy traffic back to the resort. Just a thought but the bus would be so much quicker and less stressful. The other parks are a little different as you are dropped off at the actual park.

Melanie
07-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Being local for the last 3 years, we have a lot of experience with having a car on property. That said, what are you trying to do exactly? You're staying at the BC and wanting to drive to MK? Don't do it!!! Unless the monorail or ferry boat ride in is something you want to do as 'part of the experience', it's a huge waste of time to drive to the TTC and go into the MK that way. The resort busses take you all the way up to the MK entrance, and that's such a plus.

Any of the other 3 parks, DRIVE!

:twocents:

CanadianWDWFan
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
...what are you trying to do exactly? You're staying at the BC and wanting to drive to MK? Don't do it!!! Unless the monorail or ferry boat ride in is something you want to do as 'part of the experience', it's a huge waste of time to drive to the TTC and go into the MK that way. The resort busses take you all the way up to the MK entrance, and that's such a plus.

Any of the other 3 parks, DRIVE!

:twocents:
:ditto:

If there is ONE rule about driving around WDW, it is NEVER drive to MK.