PDA

View Full Version : Dining decisions!

tinksmom02
07-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I thought I'd finalized our Aug ADRs, but now I'm second-guessing. We have dinner at 'Ohana and lunch at Sci-Fi. Still have lunch at Via Napoli but am strongly considering canceling it. I didn't have any first day ADRs, not knowing where we'll want to go.

Now I'm reconsidering, thinking that we should do a late dinner on the first night and cancel the last day (Via Napoli), knowing we'll be moving over to the Hard Rock at some point that day.

There appears to be significant availability on the day I want, even considering that I"m looking at a 7:30 dine time. Problem is I still don't know where we'll be! Thinking we may head over to DTD, we didn't get there in June. Portobello? Paradiso 37? But we might be in a park, and knowing that Cali Grill is going down, I kind of want to try it. BUT Citrico's menu looks more appealing to me.

Any advice? Or should I just take my chances and see what happens when we get there? I did have very good luck getting day-of ADRs in June, even as soon as two hours before we wanted to dine. That was before the summer rush, though. By the way, we'll be arriving on a Sunday in mid-August.

Thanks!!

SBETigg
07-02-2012, 08:31 PM
If you're on the fence about a few things, I think you can probably wait and see what's up when you're there. I love Citricos and they usually have availability. I've made same day reservations for Via Napoli before as well. I also really enjoy Via Napoli. Downtown Disney, I like Raglan Road. I don't think you will have difficulty waiting to see how it goes.

tinksmom02
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
If you're on the fence about a few things, I think you can probably wait and see what's up when you're there. I love Citricos and they usually have availability. I've made same day reservations for Via Napoli before as well. I also really enjoy Via Napoli. Downtown Disney, I like Raglan Road. I don't think you will have difficulty waiting to see how it goes.

Thanks, Sherri. I'm finding it really hard to just "go with the flow," even though I just did exactly that last month!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I would keep Ohana! Walking up there is much more difficult now. We've done it a couple of times, but the reservation sure makes it easier.
Have fun! :wave:

tinksmom02
07-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I would keep Ohana! Walking up there is much more difficult now. We've done it a couple of times, but the reservation sure makes it easier.
Have fun! :wave:

Oh, for sure! I'm only considering canceling Via Napoli. We'll be there for 4 days, I have 3 ADRs. I didn't schedule anything for our first night and now I'm reconsidering that. NO WAY would I cancel 'Ohana!! :papple:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Oh, for sure! I'm only considering canceling Via Napoli. We'll be there for 4 days, I have 3 ADRs. I didn't schedule anything for our first night and now I'm reconsidering that. NO WAY would I cancel 'Ohana!! :papple:

:high5: My DD did Via Napoli and did not have a good experience with food or service. I know many people DO like the place, so it's possible it will turn out fine.
I was interested in it, too, until I realized that it was the one she had told me about.
Good luck! :mickey:

tinksmom02
07-02-2012, 10:35 PM
:high5: My DD did Via Napoli and did not have a good experience with food or service. I know many people DO like the place, so it's possible it will turn out fine.
I was interested in it, too, until I realized that it was the one she had told me about.
Good luck! :mickey:

We were just at Via Napoli last month and were less than impressed, as well.

disneynarula
07-03-2012, 04:02 AM
We cancelled our Via Napoli and are eating at Marrakesh instead. There are so many unique places at world showcase I decided that Italian was not the way to go.

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 04:16 PM
We like Marrakesh especially the lunch special. Maybe because it is "unique" food or because it is so well hidden off of the beaten path, but it has never been crowded and always a pleasant meal.:thumbsup: