PDA

View Full Version : Christmas party crowds vs Halloween party crowds?

rnin02
06-29-2012, 07:23 PM
How does the crowd at the Christmas party compare to the Halloween party? we've been to the Halloween party once and had so much fun just walking on rides, little waiting, one time had an entire splash mountain boat to ourselves (actually bought that picture!) and i think my husband is anticipating the Christmas party being similar. i am guessing it won't be;) we are going to the party Tuesday Dec 11th...any thoughts as to what we might encounter? thanks!

faline
06-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Hard to say because the crowds typically depend on when you attend. Given that you are planning to go on a Tuesday night before the holiday crowds arrive, I would suspect you'd have an experience similar to what you had when you went to the Halloween party.

Weekend parties tend to be more crowded as do those that fall closer to the actual holiday.

brivers222
07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
both are tolerable in the middle and they get crowded towards the ending dates... I have been to 4 halloween and 4 christmas parties that last two years.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
First Christmas party we went to was great. Have been to several since then and crowds were like Mardi Gras! I think we're done. And I hate that I'm even saying that, cause I love the idea. :(

Katzateer
07-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Hard to say because the crowds typically depend on when you attend. Given that you are planning to go on a Tuesday night before the holiday crowds arrive, I would suspect you'd have an experience similar to what you had when you went to the Halloween party.

Weekend parties tend to be more crowded as do those that fall closer to the actual holiday.

I agree:mickey:

When we first started going to the MVMCP in early December the crowds were a lot lighter. Now I think most of the nights are crowded but that's part of the fun - especially for the Halloween party.

I still like the Christmas parties the most- WDW doesn't get more beautiful than when it decorated for the holidays and there is snow on Main Street:cloud9:

awaggett
07-06-2012, 01:38 PM
I went on Tuesday, December 13th last year and found the crowds to be light to moderate. I was able to ride everything I wanted, and some rides multiple times. I rode Splash Mountain three times in a row without getting off the ride (and it wasn't particularly cold!). I went to the Halloween party in 2007 on a Friday night--it was more crowded than the Christmas party--but likely because of the day of the week. I would recommend checking it out--the parade was great!