PDA

View Full Version : 2013/2014 Parade News/Rumours

Figment!
06-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Look for a March/April time frame for the return of SpectroMagic...

Current casting/rehearsal schedules confirm an Early Spring 2013 return.

... a new daytime one may be coming in 2014 when all of Fantasyland is open ...

Magic Kingdom Entertainment Cast have confirmed that a new daytime parade was internally announced earlier this year.

Based on reports from those close to the project, the new Magic Kingdom daytime parade is planned to debut at the Magic Kingdom in the Late 2013 - Early 2014 time period.

DizneyFreak2002
06-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Look for a March/April time frame for the return of SpectroMagic... Nothing has changed with the floats as of yet, and no word on if anything will... That doesn't mean they haven't been or aren't being refurbed.. Just, right now, nothing new...

A new parade would have been great... But hey, a new daytime one may be coming in 2014 when all of Fantasyland is open, and the daytime parade is really in rough shape and needs to go...

I like both parade, MSEP and Spectro, but the music to Spectro is so much better... I think I need to go listen to the music right now, haven't listened to it in a long time....

barnaby
06-29-2012, 09:34 PM
I read earlier in the week that Disney let the cat out of the bag on Spectro coming back. Can't remember the exact details or where I read it though.

DizneyFreak2002
06-29-2012, 09:35 PM
I read earlier in the week that Disney let the cat out of the bag on Spectro coming back. Can't remember the exact details or where I read it though.

Some souvenir book I believe printed that Spectro would return... There just weren't any dates associated with its return...

Christine
06-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Finally! I've missed it!!

eam
06-29-2012, 11:50 PM

Ditto!

EeyoresBestFriend
06-30-2012, 01:30 AM

YAY! me, too!!

DisnIse
06-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Me too, me too!

Melanie
06-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Creepy clowns!! ;)

Christine
06-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Creepy clowns!! ;)

Hahahaha! You big chicken :hide2:

Melanie
06-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Hahahaha! You big chicken :hide2:

Hey Pot! :fresh:

Christine
06-30-2012, 01:10 PM
hey pot! :fresh:

;) touché!!

mac badger
06-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Yay!!!!!
I was just wishing this morning that they would bring the old parade back, not so much for the floats but for the music. It is a wonderful soundtrack that never fails to make me tear up. I am very happy

AgentC
06-30-2012, 03:03 PM
. . .
I like both parade, MSEP and Spectro, but the music to Spectro is so much better... I think I need to go listen to the music right now, haven't listened to it in a long time....

Yay!!!!!
I was just wishing this morning that they would bring the old parade back, not so much for the floats but for the music. It is a wonderful soundtrack that never fails to make me tear up. I am very happy

:ditto:

I really prefer the Spectro music. Spectro is also the first parade my son ever saw, so it is special for us. I'm glad my daughter will now get to see it too.

DizneyFreak2002
06-30-2012, 03:36 PM

I really prefer the Spectro music. Spectro is also the first parade my son ever saw, so it is special for us. I'm glad my daughter will now get to see it too.

Spectro is the only parade I went out of my way to see, only for the music...

pianobabe
06-30-2012, 03:44 PM
:woohoo::joy: I love Spectro!

Mousemates
06-30-2012, 08:35 PM
:party:

joonyer
07-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Looking forward to seeing SpectroMagic again! :cool::waycool::clappy:

kakn7294
07-02-2012, 01:03 AM
I hope this is true! I miss SpectroMagic!!!

BriarRose0708
07-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm glad it's coming back too because I love the music, but I am also happy to be able to see MSEP in October as Spectro is the only one out of the two that I've seen.

laprana
07-02-2012, 10:22 AM

:ditto: MSEP is cute, but that music gets on my nerves after a while! :blush: I'm glad Spectro is coming back! I've missed it, too! :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
07-02-2012, 03:32 PM
:thumbsup:D:number1::party::cloud9::magic: :clappy: :yay:

Goofy4TheWorld
07-02-2012, 03:33 PM
:hug::flute::whistle::dance::encore::cheers::whew: :thanks:

DizneyFreak2002
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
The new afternoon parade is rumored to be called Festival of Fantasy...

TracyL
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I have enjoyed having MSEP here, and I'm thrilled to learn that Spectro is coming back. Although i do like the MSEP music, I agree the Spectro music is way better. And looking forward to seeing ol'
Chernabog again!

As for the 3:00 parade (come on guys, let's call it by its proper name!!!!), could not agree more that it is in dire need of replacement. I haven't seen anything that impressed me in the slightest since Share a Dream Come True, and that too was about the music (the overture, not so much the schmaltzy interlude parts).

Although I always loved the fairy godmother line-- "I know you! I waltzed with you once upon a-- never mind."

DizneyFreak2002
07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Apparently Disney Social Media team is just waiting for the OK from legal to announce the new parade and return of Spectro...

DreamFinder2
07-03-2012, 12:08 PM
My DW and I absolutely love SpectroMagic. Went to MK every night to watch from a perfect location (no, I won't disclose where). :cool:

Now, if we can just nail down the "early spring" language. We'll be there from the 15th to 22nd of March...it'll be close!!!

beksy
07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm in the minority here but I will miss MSEP...I like it much better than Spectro. I love MSEP's music (:hide:) and it doesn't hurt that this was the first parade I saw at WDW that I remember (there were a few trips I was too young too remember much but riding Dumbo!). Same thing is true for my sister so the memories of watching her watching it as a toddler always come back. Yep, I'm sentimental :secret: I was hoping my DBF would be able to see it on his first trip in 30-some years next year but that will give me a reason to be sentimental about Spectro :thumbsup: Now I just need to make sure I can get my annual trip in this Fall to see MSEP again...

diz_girl
07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm in the minority here but I will miss MSEP...I like it much better than Spectro.

Now I'm all bummed.:( At least I got to see it a couple of times in November.

JPL
07-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I like both parades but glad they are finally getting a new daytime parade the current one has really over stayed it's welcome!

phillydan
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm glad it's coming back too because I love the music, but I am also happy to be able to see MSEP in October as Spectro is the only one out of the two that I've seen.

Agree! I saw MSEP on a solo trip last year and I am glad my family will be able to see it when we are there in a few weeks before it departs. Now we have something to look forward to for next year!

DreamFinder2
11-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Hello, folks!

Just wondering if anyone "in the know" has any updates for us regarding the return of SpectroMagic next spring? Hoping to see it over spring break, but not holding my breath.

Ian
11-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I love both parades equally and will welcome back Spectro while bidding a fond farewell to MSEP. I'm glad my kids got to see it a couple times while it was here, because that's the parade I remember from my childhood going to Disney.

joanna71985
11-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Yay!! I've missed Spectro (and a new day parade will be nice too).

DisneyorBust
11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
I too, am looking forward to the return of Spectro!
Even the creepy Chuckie dolls :thedolls: won't deter me!

DizneyFreak2002
11-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Hello, folks!

Just wondering if anyone "in the know" has any updates for us regarding the return of SpectroMagic next spring? Hoping to see it over spring break, but not holding my breath.

Haven't heard of any changes... Been trying to look up info as well as asking around but no one seems to have any more updates... I guess we could possibly find out during the December 6 or 7th media presentation, but, I also wouldn't get my hopes up for such an announcement that day...

DisneyDawgette
11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Look for a March/April time frame for the return of SpectroMagic

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"On this magic niiiiiiight, a million stars will play beside us!" I. Can't. Freakin'. Wait! :joy:

DizneyFreak2002
11-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Some of the floats have been reported to now be in Central Shops going through refurb... Is there anyone who can confirm this? I ask cause the person who relayed the information is not someone who is all that trustworthy (unlike some others who like to spill the beans)... if this is true, then they could be on a Spring time line (possibly May 2013???)...

Roger's #1 Fan
11-30-2012, 08:37 PM
YES!! Just found out we are going back to the world in mid-July 2013.
Although I thought MSEP was very good, I grew up on Spectromagic! Can't wait to see it again! :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
12-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Don't take this as gospel truth but some rumors have started going around that, while starting refurb on Spectromagic floats, the floats are in worse shape that thought... Instead of investing the money to refurb the floats, rumor is the money may be used for a new parade and Spectro will never return... Not sure if this is true or not, but interesting enough that I figured I share here...

I like Spectro but it is an old parade... Let's get a new one!!!

DreamFinder2
12-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh...I hope that's not the truth. Was hoping to see it again in March.

Sad face...:(

DizneyFreak2002
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Oh...I hope that's not the truth. Was hoping to see it again in March.

Sad face...:(

Remember, it is just a rumor... The floats may be fine and Spectro may still come back in 2013... I've also heard the MSEP floats are in bad shape too... So, who really knows? :)

mickeys_princess_mom
12-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Yay!!! So glad to hear this! Love the parade and the music!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
12-24-2012, 09:37 PM
OK, just saw that other post that it may not return. :(I sure hope it does!

Roger's #1 Fan
01-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Any updates on Spectro?

I'm headed back to WDW in July and would love to see it again...it's my personal favorite over MSEP.

DizneyFreak2002
01-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Any updates on Spectro?

I'm headed back to WDW in July and would love to see it again...it's my personal favorite over MSEP.

Been trying to keep up with this and coming up empty.. Latest was it isn't coming back cause the floats are in too rough shape... And the money it would cost to refurb them would be allocated to a new night time parade... But, who knows if any of that is true...

DizneyFreak2002
01-26-2013, 01:32 AM
May be able to remove the rumor tag... Seems as if Spectro is not ever coming back, not in the original form anyway... Floats are reportedly damaged beyond repair...

BTW, MSEP is not in good condition either, and may not hold up until a new night time parade is ready to roll...

seanyred
01-26-2013, 03:59 PM
May be able to remove the rumor tag... Seems as if Spectro is not ever coming back, not in the original form anyway... Floats are reportedly damaged beyond repair...

BTW, MSEP is not in good condition either, and may not hold up until a new night time parade is ready to roll...

All this time MSEP has been going what have been doing with the Spectro floats? Just letting them rot in a warehouse? Can't they get some people that actually know how to run a park and not just bean counters?

DizneyFreak2002
01-26-2013, 04:03 PM
All this time MSEP has been going what have been doing with the Spectro floats? Just letting them rot in a warehouse? Can't they get some people that actually know how to run a park and not just bean counters?

Basically what you said, letting them rot in a warehouse... Termites and weather conditions didn't help...

crltkcagle
01-26-2013, 08:12 PM
:woohoo::joy: I love Spectro!

:yay::dance::cheer::exactly:

Gusgus
01-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Latest was it isn't coming back cause the floats are in too rough shape... And the money it would cost to refurb them would be allocated to a new night time parade

Hmmm... I was told something different on a behind the scenes tour last summer. We were shown the spectro floats in a warehouse. We even got a demo of a Spectro "spinny ball" including seeing the inside and how it's operated.

What we were told is the plan was Spectro is returning although no ETA was given. We were told the Spectro floats we saw were being currently refitted with LED colored lights to replace the existing traditional bulbs and also refurbished.

The reason they were changing to LED bulbs is interesting. Disney had to purchase entire lots of christmas tree bulbs. The reason, when they changed bulbs although they were the same color from the same company they weren't the same shade across lots. I love Spectro, I hope it comes back.

Gusgus

Cheshire_Girl
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM
I have enjoyed having MSEP here, and I'm thrilled to learn that Spectro is coming back. Although i do like the MSEP music, I agree the Spectro music is way better. And looking forward to seeing ol'
Chernabog again!
."

:confused: Wha?? I have never seen Spectro Magic and I had no idea Chernabog was in it!!!!! SQWEEEEEE !! I was totally bummed about losing MSEP (I know and love it!) Until I saw this. Chernabog is my favorite Disney character of all time and has been since I was in 1st grade and for the last year I've been wishing I could see him in the park. I must be there the night of his return :thedolls:

Cheshire_Girl
01-31-2013, 09:30 PM
:( I obviously just finished reading the rest of the thread...
Will I never get to see Chernabog in MK???
**sigh**

DizneyFreak2002
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Hmmm... I was told something different on a behind the scenes tour last summer. We were shown the spectro floats in a warehouse. We even got a demo of a Spectro "spinny ball" including seeing the inside and how it's operated.

What we were told is the plan was Spectro is returning although no ETA was given. We were told the Spectro floats we saw were being currently refitted with LED colored lights to replace the existing traditional bulbs and also refurbished.

The reason they were changing to LED bulbs is interesting. Disney had to purchase entire lots of christmas tree bulbs. The reason, when they changed bulbs although they were the same color from the same company they weren't the same shade across lots. I love Spectro, I hope it comes back.

Gusgus

I wouldn't take what they say on a walking tour to be gospel... They wouldn't tell the truth... With that said, as of last year, yes the parade was supposed to come back, but when they went to go refurb the floats, they found all that extensive damage... Someone had said, in a last ditch effort, they brought in someone who deal with restoring antiques... But I can't find out if that is true or just wishful thinking... I am asking around though, anywhere I can cause I want to be able to bring you the most updated information, especially since MSEP is also in rough shape and may not last another year or two... If I find anything out, I'll let you know...

But, for now, I'd consider the parade as a no return...

Crow
01-31-2013, 11:46 PM
so when i watch the parade in a few days its not gonna be in good shape....

DizneyFreak2002
02-02-2013, 02:33 PM
so when i watch the parade in a few days its not gonna be in good shape....

You talking about MSEP? You'll get the parade... You won't notice the issues, unless of course a float or two are out of service... The parade was only scheduled to run for one summer... But they are still running it... With no new time time parade in the works, MSEP is going to be expected to run for a while longer... The parade doesn't have that life span left... Hopefully Steve Davidson is working on something, and quickly...

Some people have also said any parade budget has been given to MiSiCi, which is scheduled to get a few changes...

AmandaChan
02-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Yess!!!!!!!!

joanna71985
02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Yess!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't get too excited for Spectro, unfortunately. It is looking very likely that it is not returning

BuffaloJason
02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
You talking about MSEP? You'll get the parade... You won't notice the issues, unless of course a float or two are out of service... The parade was only scheduled to run for one summer... But they are still running it... With no new time time parade in the works, MSEP is going to be expected to run for a while longer... The parade doesn't have that life span left... Hopefully Steve Davidson is working on something, and quickly...

Some people have also said any parade budget has been given to MiSiCi, which is scheduled to get a few changes...

Very disappointing to hear Spectro is not likely to return. As others have said, mostly because of the wonderful soundtrack. It seems like WDW has lost so many of its best soundtracks over the past decade or so (e.g. Tomorrow's Child, Listen to the Land, etc.) I wonder why there's so much less focus on great, memorable music at the parks than there use to be. What was the most recent great new song at WDW?

DizneyFreak2002
06-26-2013, 07:05 PM
OK people time to face reality now.. Stop wishing for Spectro's return... not happening... Just like wishing for Beastly Kingdomme to happen at DAK... Not happening..

SpectroMagic's floats are being demolished as we speak... They may already be demolished.. They were raided for usable parts, then crushed... Chernabog MAY be the only one left, and that has been ravaged for parts as well... So, say goodbye to Spectro... It is NOT coming back...

EpcotRescueRanger
06-26-2013, 09:20 PM
very sad :sad: Spectro was my favorite parade and the only one worth waiting over an hour to get a prime spot. It will forever be missed!

Goofy Fan
06-27-2013, 01:22 PM
very sad :sad: Spectro was my favorite parade and the only one worth waiting over an hour to get a prime spot. It will forever be missed!

I hear you. Spectro was my all-time favorite. In fact, I was just discussing it last night with my mom and how I hope they eventually bring it back. Very disappointing news. Oh well, I will always have the soundtrack and the home video we have taken of it over the years. That will have to suffice, I guess. :(

DizneyFreak2002
06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Spectro was always meant to come back... MSEP was just a place holder while Spectro was updated... Well, the way the floats were stored destroyed them... The Florida weather warped and rotten many of the floats, while termites did a number on the rest... The floats were not taken care of properly... Someone should have lost their job because of this.. But, this being WDW, that person may wind up in charge of a park one day!!!

Anyway, on to the parades themselves... MSEP was the first night parade I saw, mid to late 80's... The soundtrack was the first Disney music I ever purchased... The parade was corny and campy, the music campy and playful, which fit the times...

Then came SpectroMagic... This parade was majestic, from the floats to the music... Still love the music to the parade... there is a piano version out there (forgive me I forgot who did the official recording for Disney, I have it on my iTunes somewhere), which is an awesome rendition of it... Spectro, to me, defined that now lacking Disney magic... The music, the floats, the dancing, characters, entertainment during Spectro was really something special...

Honestly, I would have preferred a new parade than the return of Spectro... Spectro had its run... It ran its course... Was time for something new... But, if the choice was a return of a refurbed and updated Spectro or MSEP, I would have preferred the updated Spectro... We are lucky MSEP still runs or else WDW wouldn't have any more parades.. And if MSEP isn't repaired and refurbed soon, MK just may not have one in the near future LOL...

DizneyFreak2002
07-01-2013, 11:33 PM
From Thrillgeek:

After being speculated that the parade that has performed at the Magic Kingdom for over 20 years was being dismantled for retirement, the truth was released by a Disney Spokesperson that the parade has officially been retired from the park. Some of the floats will be recycled for other uses, although which ones will be saved are not known at this time.

SpectroMagic made its debut in the Magic Kingdom back on October 1, 1991. The parade then took a slight break beginning in 1999 for a few years and then returned only to be retired officially on June 5, 2010. The Main Street Electrical Parade has been filling in for SpectroMagic since its retirement last year.

Guess that makes the news I brought here a few weeks ago official...