PDA

View Full Version : Info on sea raycers?

Disneymom4ever
06-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Does anyone know how much it is to rent the sea raycers? I know you can rent them from different resorts and Downtown Disney, but is one place better than another? I've heard they run really slow at Downtown Disney, and it's better to rent at Bay Lake?? (I could be wrong on that). Thanks for your help, just trying to do something different this trip with the family, and I've heard they are fun! :mickey:

faline
06-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I think they're around $45 for an hour. Haven't rented them in years so can't be much help with which place is best. The last couple of times we did boat rentals, we went for a float boat instead.

Polynesian Dweller
06-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Recent prices at the Poly were

$32 for 30 min
$40 for 45 min
$45 for 1 hr

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2012, 11:30 PM
We've rented from the Poly and GF in the past. The price was around $30 for 30 minutes.

Both times we had slow boats. The first time from the Poly DH and oldest DS had a fast boat, while myself and younger DS's boat was sooooo slow. Then at the GF both of the boats we rented were slow.

olivegirl
06-30-2012, 08:28 AM
In April we rented them at the POLY and paid $45 for the hour. It was my 13 yr old DD and myself in one boat. We had a blast!!! Nothing like darting around the lagoon and having Cinderella Castle in the background!! The hour went so quick! So much to explore and see!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

Disneymom4ever
06-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Thank you all so much for the info! It sounds like fun, I have 2 teenage boys that are, imagine this, "bored" with Disney World (gasp!), so I'm trying to switch things up a bit. Denise, I'm sorry about your slow boat experiences, hopefully we won't have that problem!

buzznwoodysmom
07-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Denise, I'm sorry about your slow boat experiences, hopefully we won't have that problem!

When we brought them back in we told them how slow they were. They did offer to let us back out in different boats, but it was so hot we declined. Since our boats weren't going fast enough to really create wind around us we were sweating under those life vests and couldn't wait to get them off.

So if anyone finds themselves in a boat that seems to be going slow, bring them back in and see if they'll allow you to switch it out.

Going2HeavenRU
07-04-2012, 10:29 AM
How do you know when your time is up? Is there some type of timer in the boats?

faline
07-04-2012, 10:51 AM
How do you know when your time is up? Is there some type of timer in the boats?

Nope. We typically just keep an eye on our watch though I do know they have clocks by the docks where you pick the boats up which you can see if you need to check your time.