PDA

View Full Version : Katie & Tom have Split.

NJGIRL
06-29-2012, 02:01 PM
No Surprise :thedolls: She probably decided that he was a freak 4 1/2 years ago but had to stay long enough to get his money.

SBETigg
06-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Haha, I was just wondering how much she makes for lasting five years. :) Oh, but sorry, a marriage break-up is sad, and there's a child. I'll try to behave.

Melanie
06-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Yes, I read she filed, so I'm glad to hear she finally wised up. Sorry to those who like him, I'm just not a fan anymore.

NJGIRL
06-29-2012, 02:18 PM
My problem with alot of these celebrities is how they want it both ways. They stage so much to keep themselves in the public eye so you will continue to watch their movies and TV show, but when they are followed and something unflattering comes out they are all up in arms.

George Clooney is a great example. He would called the media and let them know where he would be whenever one of his movies was coming out, but if they found him at a time he didn't want to be bothered he claimed they were the :thedolls:

I can't feel sorry for them because they have a total disconnect from the real world. Buying a toddler all that expensive stuff and never saying "no" to your kids makes them spoiled and uncontrollable. I have never seen a picture of that little girl smiling, like my son did at that age.

I bet it will come out that she had to stay in the marriage for 5 years in order to collect. It's sad when people never have enough.

AgentC
06-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Haha, I was just wondering how much she makes for lasting five years. :) Oh, but sorry, a marriage break-up is sad, and there's a child. I'll try to behave.

:laughing:

MNNHFLTX
06-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Very telling to me is that she is seeking sole legal custody of their daughter. Something going on behind the scenes there. Something always made me uncomfortable about their relationship--just never seemed aunthentic.

TinkerbellT421
06-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Not that I always believe everything I read in gossip mags, but....doesn't he have like freak control issues? I'm surprised it took this long.

Never cared for him.

DizNee143
07-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I never ever saw the fascination with him! I just don't get it! Seems the people of Hollywood never have lasting marriages..it's really sad!

PirateLover
07-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I am not one to judge religions, I'm pretty much a live and let live person in that respect, but this stuff coming out with the Scientology people stalking her, and him wanting to send Suri to a Scientology boarding school on a boat... it just all seems so strange to me. I've seen parts of the promo video he did for Scientology that wasn't supposed to be made available to the public, and it's pretty creepy.

SBETigg
07-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I also read that all three of his wives were 33 when the marriages ended. Weird, right? Coincidence?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-03-2012, 09:45 AM

I'm sure it's something, but my guess is that after two marriages he's got a prenup and I believe California the magic number is 10 years, which after that I think everything is split. He filed for divorce with Nicole Kidman just shy of the 10 year mark to avoid having to do a huge payout.

Maybe she saw Rock of Ages and took that as a sign to get out of Dodge.

SBETigg
07-03-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm sure it's something, but my guess is that after two marriages he's got a prenup and I believe California the magic number is 10 years, which after that I think everything is split. He filed for divorce with Nicole Kidman just shy of the 10 year mark to avoid having to do a huge payout.

From what I've read, I'm still pretty sure this one was under contract and she served her time and filed. But the gossip pages make some pretty outlandish claims, so who really knows. His whole couch-jumping thing early on raised flags everywhere, I think. It just never seemed genuine between them.

Wolf
07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
And in less shocking news, Anderson Cooper came out of his glass closet ;)

NJGIRL
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM

:haha:

NJGIRL
07-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I've seen parts of the promo video he did for Scientology that wasn't supposed to be made available to the public, and it's pretty creepy.

Did anyone ever see the spoof that Jerry O Connell did on that Tom Cruise promo. I laughed so hard I cried everytime I watched it. It was soooo funny. Google it, if you haven't seen it! You have to watch the original Tom Cruise promo first (it's about 10 mins long and it shows how insane he is) to get the jokes that are in the O Connell spoof.

DisneyDog
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
From what I keep hearing, the prenup she signed was iron-clad. She won't get a cent out of him. So, she didn't leave/stay for the money.

SBETigg
07-11-2012, 06:29 PM
From what I keep hearing, the prenup she signed was iron-clad. She won't get a cent out of him. So, she didn't leave/stay for the money.

It's a done deal. No one knows exactly what she got, but they settled. I'm sure she is well taken care of, won't reveal anything, and she got primary custody of Suri, which is what she reportedly really wanted. I hope they're all happy and on their way to new good things.