PDA

View Full Version : Draw a Disney Character @ HS?

txdisneyfanatic
06-28-2012, 08:52 PM
One of our favorites is going to the Art of Animation studio and drawing a Disney character to take home. Do they still have this @ Hollywood Studios? Thanks!!

Melanie
06-28-2012, 09:07 PM
YES! One of the best hidden treasures in Hollywood Studios.

On a side note, in the new Art of Animation Resort lobby, they have an area for this very thing. I thought that was a great touch! Not quite as big at the one at DHS, and no lighted drawing areas, but still nice. :thumbsup:

Dulcee
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
We love this too and make sure we do it at least once a trip.

Kenny1113
06-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Great tip! So they teach you how to draw a character? My kids would love this, they are really into drawing right now.

txdisneyfanatic
06-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Thank you!!

Yes! The fun is that you never know which character you may learn to draw! We usually go several times...they make great souvenirs to bring home & frame! :)

gerald72
06-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Yup! Drew Stitch yesterday.

BayLaker25
06-29-2012, 07:57 AM
I love doing this everytime we go, the animation studio in HS by the little mermaid show.

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2012, 08:07 AM
This is absolutely one of our favourite things to do. Last year our youngest was given the artist's drawing of Bolt as a prize for answering the trivia questions. A fabulous keepsake! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2012, 09:17 AM
This is on our list of things to do there next month. In all our trips we've never done this. I've known about it, but for some reason we've never made it over there.

mustBgoofy
06-29-2012, 09:19 AM
It is still there! We drew Louis from Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh. It was a blast!!!

medic9016
06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Drew Merida from Brave a few weeks ago.

DisneyGiant
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
And be forewarned - those artists take their drawing very seriously.....

We were giggling at how bad our drawings were amongst ourselves - and it was not welcomed..... :blush:

I am happy to say that even though I am a horrible drawer - mine did resemble Goofy. :)

Dulcee
06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
This is absolutely one of our favourite things to do. Last year our youngest was given the artist's drawing of Bolt as a prize for answering the trivia questions. A fabulous keepsake! :thumbsup:

Quite a few years ago now, we were there on my sister's birthday. After the session the artist drew her Stitch holding an exploding cupcake. The best disney keepsake she has!

LVT
06-30-2012, 11:22 AM
We like to do this too. Once we were lucky and caught a Chip and Dale meet right after, in the same building. They signed our son's drawing.

Zawadi
06-30-2012, 11:28 AM
And be forewarned - those artists take their drawing very seriously.....

We were giggling at how bad our drawings were amongst ourselves - and it was not welcomed..... :blush:

I am happy to say that even though I am a horrible drawer - mine did resemble Goofy. :)

But weren't you meant to be drawing Piglet :D

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

Snow's Mom
07-06-2012, 07:28 PM
I drew a pretty good Goofy, but the guy next to me drew the artist with his easel drawing Goofy. Out of my league!

Now, shhhhhhhhhhh....the lines for this activity are long enough!:secret:

Urbss
07-06-2012, 10:38 PM
I drew a pretty good Goofy, but the guy next to me drew the artist with his easel drawing Goofy. Out of my league!

Now, shhhhhhhhhhh....the lines for this activity are long enough!:secret:

What kind of a wait should we expect?

Melanie
07-06-2012, 10:48 PM
I've done it 4 times now, at different times of the year, and have never waited more than the 20 minutes it's required for each session. I don't think the secret is out that much. ;) :secret:

Snow's Mom
07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Depends on your timing. There's a small waiting area with seating along the walls. If you get there before the CM "closes" the area off, you'll wait whatever is left of the 20 (?) minutes. You may have to sit on the floor or stand if you're not there right away.

If you don't make it "in", you'll have to wait for the group ahead of you plus another 20 minutes. We had that happen the last trip, whereas the trip a couple years ago we got in just fine, twice.

At the gift shop, ask for a rubber band and you can roll your masterpiece up to take home. Last I knew they were still handing these out.

epceddie
07-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Melanie,

Thanks for the info about the AofA lobby. We're staying there in December and will check that out.
My wife and I got to draw Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs on a visit to DHS in February. We were very happy with our efforts. I framed both of them and they're hanging up in my home office. It was one of the best things we've ever done at WDW. Great fun!

crltkcagle
07-24-2012, 10:47 PM
We do it atleast twice on every trip! I have our drawing in a scrapbook. Over the years we have drawn, Mickey, Donald, goofy, Pluto, Rapunzel, Merida, and stitch! It's a lot of fun!

disneyduggan
07-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I really didn't know about this... Cool!

Can someone tell me exactly were to go?

Is there a fee?

Do people have them sent back to their resorts or just carry them around?:mickey:

Melanie
07-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I really didn't know about this... Cool!

Can someone tell me exactly were to go?

Is there a fee?

Do people have them sent back to their resorts or just carry them around?:mickey:

It's in the Art of Animation building, just as you would exit to go to the gift shop. There is no fee. Unfortunately, you have to carry them around, but it's often fun to see if you can find the character you drew and have them autograph it. :thumbsup: