PDA

View Full Version : A Blast from the Past!

TheSorcererofFantasia
06-28-2012, 01:59 PM
:blush: Some of you may remember me and some may not. My last post was right before Peter and I got married in Dec of 2008. Wedding was wonderful and we had a spectacular honeymoon at Disney. Married life and our children kept us pretty busy after that. Though I did lurk on Intercot when I got the chance but I never had time to post.

Life has been a roller coaster since the I do's. Dealt with a medical scare in 2009/2010 which left me little to no time to do much of anything. Then as life smoothed out again, Peter & I were dealt a devastating blow in 2011. My/our only son passed away April 27 at the age of 24and left us struggling to cope.

We struggle to find some 'normalcy' in life again. While lurking on Icot I noticed the Icot 15th Anniversary and thought it would be a nice to see some old friends and meet some new ones. I booked a two week trip in October and we are looking forward to it and the Anniversary Actives. Hope you don't mind the former poster and lurker to join in the fun.

princessgirls
06-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Welcome back to Intercot!!!:rocks:

We are glad you are back!!!:party:

My deepest deepest sympathy over the loss of your son. I am so sorry. May God continue to give you the strength you need to get through each day.

Julie:mickey:

disneymom15
06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Welcome back.
So sorry to hear about your son.
Looking forward to meeting you in October.

SBETigg
06-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Cher, I'm so very sorry about the loss of your son. Wishing you comfort and peace.

I'm sure everyone here is welcome to sign up/join in activities and I'm looking forward to meeting you. I've lived in Holyoke, South Hadley, and Longmeadow MA (up until last year when we moved to CT). My family is still in Chicopee.

KylesMom
06-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Cher, it is so good to see you back on the boards. My heart breaks for your loss and I hope & pray that you find some normalcy in your life.

It will be wonderful to meet you after all of these years! :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Cher, welcome back!

I am so deeply sorry for you loss. Will be sending prayers and pixie dust to help you through this time.

If it helps any, my mom (aka grandmother, she adopted me so I know her as mom) said something when she lost her youngest son at the age of 22 that will always stick in my mind. She said that she was happy she was able to know him for 22 years because she could have went her entire life never knowing him at all.

BriarRose0708
06-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Welcome back Cher, it's so nice to see you here again. I am very sorry for your loss and hope that with time, prayer, and love from your family and friends you have found some peace and started to heal.

I am SO excited you will be at iCOT15! I met you at the 10th and am looking forward to seeing you again!

Katzateer
06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Sorry for your loss. this sounds like a great time to get back into Intercot and the upcoming meet.

See you there!:thumbsup::mickey:

Lizzy
06-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Cher, welcome back. It's good to "see" you again.

I can't imagine the pain you are feeling. I am truly sorry for your loss. I hope you find some peace and comfort here as I have through many of my heartaches.

faline
06-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Cher:

I most certainly remember you. It's good to "see" you again.

I am so sorry to hear about your son.

Patricia
06-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Cher, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. :(

I do remember you and it will be great to meet with you in October.

Welcome back to Icot! :mickey:

Ed
06-28-2012, 07:40 PM
CHER !! :hug:

Great to see you back. It's been entirely too long.

We'll be at the I-15 festivities, complete with my world-famous red shorts. Looking forward to seeing you again. We've got lots of catching up to do.

Ian
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
While I'm certainly glad to see you back Cher, I'm saddened by the news of the loss of your son. Deepest condolences to your family.

ElenitaB
06-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Hey, Cher :hug:

So wonderful to see your screen name pop up here! :cloud9:

TikiGoddess
06-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Cher!

It will be so nice to see you at ICOT 15. Welcome back!

Kathy

MNNHFLTX
06-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Cher, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. :(

And with that post I hope you know that you are no longer a lurker and former poster! I look forward to seeing you at WDW in October. :mickey:

gratuspater
06-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I didn't even come to the boards until last year, but I am very sorry for your loss. With 2 boys of my own (5 and 8), it brings a tear to my eye, and I can not even imagine. I hope you are healing, and I hope your upcoming trip is great.

tinksmom02
06-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Welcome back and please accept my deepest sympathies on the loss of your son. I'm not lucky enough to be able to attend the ICOT15, I'm sure everyone is welcome!!

PirateLover
07-01-2012, 10:10 AM
So sorry for your loss, but the warmest of welcomes back. I remember you. I think ICOT15 will be great for you. Hoping we are able to make it. :mickey:

Wolf
07-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Goodness what a rough few years!! Welcome back!! I'm very sorry for the pain the past few years brought you, glad yall are bouncing back with a WDW trip! Have a great time!!