PDA

View Full Version : Best Table Service Downtown?

mickeys_princess_mom
06-27-2012, 11:25 PM
What's the best TS in Downtown Disney in your opinion? We just rearranged things, got the DDP, and I'm doing some frantic, last-minute bookings! We'll arrive in mid-afternoon, and will just head to DTD for a meal after we rest a bit. Looking for something that's just one credit, not two... There are many there we haven't tried--what do you think?
:thanks:

disneynarula
06-28-2012, 02:00 AM
My favorite is the Wolfgang Puck Cafe. The cafe is only 1 credit. The Dining Room is two but I think the cafe is just as good. When we travel we have quite a range of "diners" from my DS who is allerigic to nuts, eggs, and milk to my MIL who is a vegan. Our other DS is very picky. We all enjoyed our meal here. Evrything is fresh and nicely plated. The menu has quite a variety of choices from sushi to pizza and it's all good!

MY DSs would say that the best place is the Rainforest Cafe. They love that place but mostly for the abiance. The food is not anything to get excited about.

Jillirose
06-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Cafe :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
06-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Raglan Road

RedSoxFan
06-28-2012, 11:31 AM
I've only eaten at Ragland Road, Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe. Out of those 3, Ragland is the best. Eaten there a few times and the other two places once. We are eating at Ragland Road again in November and we are going to try Portobello too.

SBETigg
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
We really like Raglan Road.

anneo
06-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't recommend Cap'n Jacks. We ate there in March and weren't impressed. The food was nothing to rave about, but the main thing that put us off was what happened with my son. He was 2 at the time, so he wasn't on the dining plan. He loves corn, and he ate his corn on the cob, and he wanted another one, so we asked our server if she could get us another one for him. She said we'd have to pay for it. That was fine. About 15 minutes later she brings out another corn on the cob for him, and it was cold. I'm not talking room temperature cold either. It was as if they took it out of the freezer and let it thaw for 15 minutes cold. We notified our server, and nothing was done about it, and they charged us $4.95 for that. We're not planning on eating there ever again.

LandFan
06-28-2012, 01:36 PM
We really like Raglan Road! Especially if you can get seating near the entertainment.:thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
06-28-2012, 03:46 PM
We like Raglan Road.
We love Wolfgang Puck. I think it's one of the best restaurants at WDW.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
I see a trend....:mickey: We have eaten at both Wolfgang Pucks...I was thinking the Cafe was a counter service at the time--maybe not.
So what did you folks love about Raglan Road? What was the best meal you remember? I'm interested!

TinkerbellT421
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Raglan road!and can't beat the beer :beer: and entertainment! awesome dinner spot!

I had some kind of risotto dish and added shrimp. Yummmmmmmy! One of the few meals I actually remember what I ate a while later lol

That or house of blues is delicious! had a four cheese baked Mac and cheese dish with bread crumbs and lobster! yummy!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-28-2012, 10:08 PM
That or house of blues is delicious! had a four cheese baked Mac and cheese dish with bread crumbs and lobster! yummy!

Wow--that's sounds good, too!

TinkerbellT421
06-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Wow--that's sounds good, too!

It was delicious! so much food too. Only problem with house of blues is their menu changes A LOT. I mean more than normal lol. So I can't guarantee that will still be there. But we have eaten here almost every trip and have never been disappointed.

disneynarula
06-29-2012, 01:15 PM
I see a trend....:mickey: We have eaten at both Wolfgang Pucks...I was thinking the Cafe was a counter service at the time--maybe not.

The Wolfgang Puck Cafe is a TS.
Wolfgang Puck Express is CS.
Wolfgang Puck Dining Room is a signature dining.

Disnamic Duo
06-29-2012, 01:16 PM

I think you're thinking of Wolfgang Puck Express. That is c.s. Good c.s.

But the Cafe is a sit down restaurant - and it's very good.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-01-2012, 02:12 PM
I think you're thinking of Wolfgang Puck Express. That is c.s. Good c.s.

But the Cafe is a sit down restaurant - and it's very good.

Yes--that's it! :thumbsup:Really good for a counter service! And I really enjoy the Cafe--DH doesn't. Have not eaten at the third Signature one--didn't know about it actually.

KatrinaJ91
07-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Another vote for Raglan Road! The food is awesome. I love the Bangers and Booz and my husband says they Fish & Chips is some of the best he's ever had.
They also have great apps, sides and desserts too! We have eaten there numerous times and have enjoyed it every time!

Tinkerbella16
07-06-2012, 12:35 PM
We have eaten at Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood and Raglan Road and the best out of those 3 was Raglan Road... so good!!! Haven't been to Planet Hollywood since 2007 when the DDP included appetizers, desserts and tip and we all really enjoyed our food there! That one seems to get a lot of mixed reviews from others.

awaggett
07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I've recently tried Portobello's and Bongos--both were really good. Bongos had live music and a fun atmosphere.

Mickey's #1 fan
07-06-2012, 06:52 PM
House of Blues and Paradiso both pretty good. Haven't been lately, but can't wait to go again.

ElenitaB
07-06-2012, 07:09 PM
My vote would be for Wolfgang Puck Cafe as well. Though we really do want to try Raglan Road one of these days too. (So many choices, so little time.)

As others have said, when you thought that Wolfgang Puck Express was table service is that you place your order and then it is brought to your table. So civilized! :thumbsup:

Jared
07-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Another vote here for Raglan Road. It's a Disney restaurant that doesn't feel like a Disney restaurant, and I mean that in a good way. The menu is extensive and eclectic, the atmosphere is fun without being overbearing, and the food is quite good.

Enjoy!

wdwnutz
07-07-2012, 11:37 AM
We ate at T-rex a few months ago for lunch when they opened at 11 am and were really impressed. The ribs were the best! And the ice cream sandwich dessert was sooo good! At 11am it's pretty quiet and it was nice to able to walk around to take pictures. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. Will defnitely go back again for an early lunch, most WDW restaurants are just too crowded for dinner, but why go then when you can get pretty much the same menu without all the crowds and long waits? This past trip we ate most of our TS meals at lunch and played it by ear for CS dinners.

phillydan
07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I've recently tried Portobello's and Bongos--both were really good. Bongos had live music and a fun atmosphere.

Both are on my list for the upcoming trip! I have ressies for Portobello, based on feedback from 2 co-workers who both raved about it. We will try to sneak in Bongos if the schedule allows. Last trip, we really enjoyed Planet Hollywood.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Both are on my list for the upcoming trip! I have ressies for Portobello, based on feedback from 2 co-workers who both raved about it. We will try to sneak in Bongos if the schedule allows. Last trip, we really enjoyed Planet Hollywood.

Haven't tried either of those places, but would be willing to....We have plans to eat at Planet Hollywood the night we get there. I love it, and surprisingly DH does, too. lol

Bethanymouse
07-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe! Love it! We love the pumpkin ravioli!