PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Night / Dress Up Night

DisnIse
06-27-2012, 03:14 PM
We're leaving very very soon, and I just have a few packing questions:

1. For Pirate Night, do they still give out the "Pirates in the Carribbean" bandanas that they gave in 2009? My kids would rather walk the plank than dress up, but I think they'd be willing to do the bandanas rather than the pirate Mickey ears from the parks.

2. I know there is no "formal night" on the 5 night cruise, but is there a dress nice(r) night on the cruise? Last time, we dressed up on our own and my kids were quite aware that they were the only ones in shirts and ties. (They looked adorable in the pictures, though!!!) But generally, khaki shorts and polos will suffice, right?

GoldenDreams
06-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Yes, they still give out bandanas.

On the Dream on a 4-night they had a semi-formal night, but it was optional. Polos and khaki shorts would be fine.

We were later getting back to the ship than we expected to be on dress-up night and we didn't have time to go up to the room and change. We were wearing casual shirts and shorts and no one said anything. We were at our own table, and once seated, it didn't really matter. We apologized to our server and he pointed out that we were on vacation. We just wore our dressy clothes on another night.

Basket Mommy
06-27-2012, 11:01 PM
We just got back from a 5-night on the Dream. Yes, you get bandanas in your stateroom the day of the Pirate Party. We didn't know we were getting them, and we spent about $30 on pirate stuff in the gift shop (eye patches, hand hooks and earrings, because I forgot to get stuff before we left and the kids wanted to dress up...)

There is a dressier night. For our cruise it was the 2nd night. Yes, my boys wore button down shirts or polos and nice jeans; they don't own any khakis. From what I saw, no one will say anything to you if you show up in tees, shorts and flip flops. I saw many, many people dressed like that *every* night. I mean, come on. Just put on some long pants, ya know?

DisnIse
06-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks! I'm planning to put the boys in polos and khaki shorts each night. They'll be in swim shirts and shorts all day. Dressing nicer for a few hours wont kill anyone and I won't look out of place in my summer dresses! Can't wait to pack!