PDA

View Full Version : Nora Ephron passed away at 71

BriarRose0708
06-27-2012, 09:05 AM
I loved Nora Ephron! She blazed a trail for women not only in the entertainment industry but she wrote lines for her female characters that made them smart, sharp, witty and weren't afraid to be honest. She addressed topics in her movies the rest of us were reluctant to talk about in the open. If you've never read her essays or books, try one. They are just like her movies - funny yet honest and anyone can relate to them. I am seriously going to miss her but happy I can revisit my favorite works of hers over and over.

What are your favorite Nora Ephron quotes, movies, characters. etc.? Tonight I'm having an Ephron-a-thon of my favorites-
Sleepless in Seattle
When Harry Met Sally
Julie & Julia
You've Got Mail

AgentC
06-27-2012, 09:37 AM
When Harry met Sally is my favorite. I love that even though the clothes, hairstyles and technology are out of date, the story itself holds up and can be watched again and again.

SBETigg
06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
I know Nora's sister Hallie. We've spoken at some writing conferences together. She's warm, witty, friendly, and lovely and I imagine her sister was the same. If you like Nora's writing, you might want to check out Hallie's books, too. Hallie Ephron writes mystery and suspense. I'm so sorry for the family, and Nora's friends and colleagues and fans. She will be missed.

MNNHFLTX
06-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Definitely loved When Harry Met Sally. As a young adult in the 80's, I thought it was very true to life as far as the evolution of the characters and their relationship in that decade.

Nora Ephron was multi-talented and also seemed so down-to-earth in interviews. Hope her family finds comfort in the vast legacy she leaves behind.