PDA

View Full Version : LA for a Day

Juicy1122
06-26-2012, 07:30 PM
We are planning a trip to Disneyland in September and will be flying in to LAX on a Saturday morning. We are spending the first day/night in LA and booked the Beverly Hilton for the night, before we drive to Disneyland on Sunday morning.

Can you suggest any good things to see or do in LA that we could do for the day? Any good places to eat that aren't super expensive?

We have never been out to the west coast so we really don't know what to expect.

Thanks so Much!

Jezzup
07-19-2012, 12:01 PM
We did LA many years ago. Below are some of the things we did. I can’t help with the dining question as I don’t really recall where we ate.

Dodgers game

Hollywood Walk of Fame/Mann’s Chinese Theater/Hollywood Sign

Beverly Hills/Rodeo Drive

Bus Tour of celebrity homes

Studio tour – not sure which studios still offer this. We did NBC.

Santa Monica/Venice Beach

Universal Studios

Mendelson
07-30-2012, 09:13 AM
The Getty Museum (about 15 minutes from where you'll be in Beverly Hills) was one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time - I'd recommend it to anyone. And it's free (though you have to pay about $15 to park, as memory serves).

Sapp Coffee Shop (also not far from you, in WeHo) has famously good noodles and pho dishes, and is cheap. If you can stomach hot dogs, Pink's Hot Dogs in WeHo is an iconic stop.

I found that just driving around Beverly Hills and Bel Air on my own was pretty fascinating, even without a tour guide.