PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Planning WAY too Early

antngoof89
06-26-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm already looking ahead to our next trip to Disney which will be for the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends 2013 and I've stumbled across some interesting things. My first question is, does anyone have any idea when 2013 SWW dates will be released? I know it's way too early, but it'd be nice to have an idea just in case. My other question is from some research I've done it looks like dates are usually announced in December or January, that gives us about 5 months advanced warning, will that be enough time for dining reservations and the like for a group of 6 to get all the meals we're wanting to get? This past year I took my girlfriend (now fiance) to Disney and we didn't plan it until February. However, we only ate a few sit down restaurants and the most difficult to get was Le Cellier. It seemed like that first weekend of SWW wasn't so bad, but for a family of 6 I was just wondering and hoping 5 months is enough time to have the freedom of choice on restaurants still.

faline
06-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Typically the dates are announced around February or so but the dates are usually similar from year to year.

Tygger7
06-27-2012, 09:24 AM
That's the same time frame we're planning to go next year! You're definitely not planning too early...trust me. I've got all our meals planned and am just waiting on my 180 days to book ADR's. :mickey: Usually, SWW start the 3rd weekend in May and wrap up the 2nd week in June. I'm crossing my fingers that it will open on May 17th...we missed it in 2008 by a couple of weeks due to one of the big conventions being in May. DHS didn't start SWW until June that year and my daughter was NOT a happy camper. I'll have to adjust my trip if it doesn't fall when we're there next year.

antngoof89
07-01-2012, 11:35 PM
This year I didn't book until February for a trip on May 17th and it worked out pretty well. I should be able to have similar success with the same process right? We just want to have everything paid for and planned around January so we can save up for shopping money and World Showcase adult beverage money. Lol.

faline
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
This year I didn't book until February for a trip on May 17th and it worked out pretty well. I should be able to have similar success with the same process right? We just want to have everything paid for and planned around January so we can save up for shopping money and World Showcase adult beverage money. Lol.

With some flexibility, you should be fine. Some of the most possible restaurants might be filled up with a shorter time frame. On our last trip, I only made one reservation before we left home and either made same day reservations after we arrived and/or walked up to restaurants. We pretty much ate in just about every restaurant we wanted. We even ate at Le Cellier for dinner though that reservation was made for a couple of days in the future instead of same day.