PDA

View Full Version : Wishes

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-26-2012, 12:33 PM
So I have heard a rumor that the "Wishes Nighttime Spectacular" is going to be removed after this year is that true? If so I will be very sad :( .

Strmchsr
06-26-2012, 03:51 PM
No. There's not been an announcement on that. Unless Disney announces it, don't believe it. Some rumors turn out true, most don't.

eatsleepdisney
06-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Oh no! I'd be so sad about that!

buzznwoodysmom
06-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Oh no, I hope not. While I am all for new and exciting things, I love Wishes! I would be so sad to see it go!

EJS-Houston
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
No. There's not been an announcement on that. Unless Disney announces it, don't believe it. Some rumors turn out true, most don't.

Magic Kingdom fireworks spectaculars have been an iconic part of the DisneyWorld experience since its opening. I can't imagine Disney making such a bone-headed decision as to scrap it.

SBETigg
06-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Magic Kingdom fireworks spectaculars have been an iconic part of the DisneyWorld experience since its opening. I can't imagine Disney making such a bone-headed decision as to scrap it.

I doubt they would ever scrap it, too. There might be a change of theme or show direction (it hasn't been Wishes forever) but it would never be scrapped, I think.

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I remember people actually got upset when it changed from "Fantasy in the Sky" to "Wishes". On our trip in Dec/Jan this year we got to see both as they were showing "Fantasy in the Sky" as well. It is amazing how much better "Wishes" was. If they change it, it could be for the better. They could still show "Wishes" from time to time as well. :thumbsup:

EJS-Houston
07-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I guess I jumped to that conclusion a little too quickly, that doing away with Wishes would mean scrapping the fireworks altogether. I'm feeling a bit foolish right now. That said, freshening up the show with new music/pyrotechnic choreography could be really good.

Gator
07-09-2012, 04:08 PM
They said the same thing about Illuminations back in early 2006. And thankfully, it's still there in all its glory. If the did replace Wishes, rest assured that it will be better. I've never seen a Disney fireworks show go down.

Arielfan98
07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't believe that's true. Wishes is a big money maker for Disney and is very popular. I wouldn't think so, so don't worry.

emerzmom
07-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Wishes is probably my single most favorite thing at WDW! I tear up everytime I see it. My daughter often tries to bet me that I won't cry during the show. I have learned that is a losing bet for me.
Fireworks are a part of the Magic Kingdom. I agree that there would only be changes not an elimination of them all together.
:mickey:
Julie

JPL
07-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I enjoy Wishes but it really is time for a new show! I was there when they changed it for the summer 2 years ago and that show was much better than Wishes. Hopefully they bring it back :thumbsup: