PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please

pixiesmimi
06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Give me your opinion which would be best for a Table Service on the 4th. The Wave at the Contemporary, Capt Jack's at DTD, or Capt's Grill at the YC. We are making last minute ressies for the 4th on our dining plan and these are some of the ones available right now (so I need this in a hurry) :) We would like to get out in time to go see the fireworks from outside the park (which is why I thought about the Wave) which is at 9:00. Are there fireworks at Epcot on the 4th? Are the fireworks on the 3rd at MK the same as on the 4th?

ginny57
06-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Not sure about the fireworks but I have eaten at both The Wave at the Contemporary, Capt Jack's at DTD....and (keeping in mind that I am not one to complain unless food is inedible) I enjoyed both and would go back.

The Wave is in the interior of the building so no view where Capt Jack's looks out over the water.

Enjoy your vacation!

SBETigg
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
I just read a fantastic review of the Wave. Haven't tried it, and I have seen mixed reviews, but I want to try it. Looks good to me. Plus, it puts you in a good location considering your plans.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Would personally not eat at Capt. Jack's. Out of all the meals hubby and I had in '09 - that was the worst. It was no different than eating at a local 'fish camp'. In fact, I live near the NC Coast and get fresher and better seafood at our local restaurants. Very disappointed in the food, the service was only OK, and it just seems a bit tired and in need of a remodel when we were there.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I have never eaten at any of them but based on the menus I would go with the Captain's Grille:)

BrerGnat
06-26-2012, 06:45 PM
The fireworks on the 3rd and 4th are the same.

I'd choose either the Wave or Captain's Grill. I liked breakfast at CG a LOT, so I can imagine the dinner would be good as well.

But, if you want to see fireworks after dinner, the Wave is a better option.