PDA

View Full Version : Which Character dining - DLR?

Mary Chase
06-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Ok - I am torn. Goofy's Kitchen looks like it's a lot of fun, but I've heard some good things about Storyteller's as well. I have two boys - 5 and 10. Any opinions on either of these dining options? We usually do Chef Mickey's at WDW and it's our favorite dining in general (also best character interaction in my opinion). Any comments/opinions are appreciated! I don't think we have the budget to do both - seeing as the counter service is pretty pricey as well.

Thanks!

Disney4us2
06-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Haven't done the breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, only the dinner. It is very high energy, lots of non character interaction as well as character interaction.

Storytellers Cafe characters are only there during breakfast. I love the characters there. It is a little more subdued there. There is a camp leader that will lead a parade with the kids/adults (if you choose) around the restaurant with the characters. All the characters are animals so no personal "talking" interaction.

Goofy's has some face characters that verbally interact. I think it really depends on what type of characters you are looking for. Also if you are looking for a breakfast or dinner character meal. Either one will be fun. We are partial to Storytellers since my DD loves animals. I like their buffet breakfast... lox and bagels... yum.

Breakfast= either one
Dinner=Goofy''s Kitchen

tinkwest
06-25-2012, 09:34 PM
As Marci said, the Storyteller's Character Breakfast is a bit more subdued (not everyone's there for the Characters) but still fun. I've seen the kids playing follow-the-leader around the restaurant. You, as adults, may consider it a bonus that you have the option of ordering off of the menu rather than eating the breakfast buffet.

Goofy's Kitchen is totally Character oriented. Bright colors, fun food, lots of Characters visiting tables, noisy. When my kids were little we used to always start our vacations by checking in to the hotel but not going to Disneyland until the next day. We made that first day a Disney day by going to Goofy's Kitchen. Good Memories.

BrerGnat
06-26-2012, 08:53 AM
I think they would enjoy Goofy's Kitchen more. The characters there are more "classic" Disney. At Storytellers, I've seen mostly "forest" animals, like the bears from Brother Bear, the racoon from Pocahontas, chip and dale, etc.

Goofy's would be my vote. I like Storyteller's Cafe for a la carte lunch and dinner, though!

Carol
06-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Love them both but if you're looking for something comparable to Chef Mickey's I'd select Goofy's Kitchen.

Lacy
07-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Linda - We have started the same tradition of going to Goofy's Kitchen our first night. Our trip is in about 2 months and DS is already so excited for GK!

What I'm debating is if we should do a second character meal for a breakfast. How good is the Storyteller's breakfast? We will be going to WDW 2 months after our DL trip and have 3 character meals booked there. So I don't necessarily think we need to do another character meal. But if Storyteller's food is unique and wonderful and we would get something that we won't experience at the other character meals I would book it. Sorry long winded way of asking - how much do you recommend Storyteller's?

Disney4us2
07-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Storytellers is our favorite for breakfast. We have done Minnie and Friends at the Plaza in DL as well. I love the buffet at Storytellers. They have an omlet center, which is made to order. I love the lox/bagels/cream cheese. You can also get pancakes and Mickey waffles made to order. If you don't want the buffet, you can also order off of the menu.

DD love the characters there. They are all Disney animal characters. We have seen Chip & Dale, Kenai and Koda (brother bears), Pluto, Meeko, and others that I am sure I have left out. The character handlers dress up as park rangers and lead a parade with all the characters and kids (adults) arount the restaurant.

Never had a bad breakfast there.

tinkwest
07-11-2012, 12:12 AM
. . . We have seen Chip & Dale, Kenai and Koda (brother bears), Pluto, Meeko, and others that I am sure I have left out.

Rafiki