PDA

View Full Version : High Tea at GF?

disneynarula
06-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Does anyone else just love the High Tea at the GF? I have not been recently. We have two DSs and I never thought to go. Now I want to take DD who will be almost three. Is is similar to what it was in past years?

Hammer
06-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Honestly, at your daughter's age, she is probably better suited for the Perfectly Princess Tea and not the traditional high tea, which is very formal. A child her age would probably have a hard time sitting quietly for that period of time.

disneynarula
06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Umm... the Perfectly Princess Tea Party is $60? I understand that you get the doll but that I think she may be too young to invest that kind of money in something she might not appreciate. Sounds like something perfect for an older child who loves dolls. So cute!

She is pretty good at sitting still.

It looks like I am not the only one who loves the High Tea. I can not get an ADR anyway.

floridamom
06-25-2012, 11:43 AM
We have taken our two DDs, now 9 and 7, for the past two summers and have booked it again for next month. Needless to say, we all enjoy it, including DH.

The perfectly princess tea is more like $250 for parent and 1 child. While I am sure it is fun for the younger ones, I like the fact that we have a tradition that they won't outgrow (and is less costly!)

Ms. Mode
06-25-2012, 01:04 PM
floridamom;We have taken our two DDs, now 9 and 7, for the past two summers and have booked it again for next month. Needless to say, we all enjoy it, including DH.

Are men invited to this? My DD would love to take her new DH but we have never seen ANY men there? :confused:

Hammer
06-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Are men invited to this? My DD would love to take her new DH but we have never seen ANY men there? :confused:

Men are definitely allowed, though they are the minority.

Septbride2002
06-25-2012, 02:15 PM
We did this with my DD who was 5 at the time just a few months ago. She LOVED it. The waiter paid special attention to her - even giving her a rose at the end of the meal - which was a HUGE hit.

At 3 she may not really appreciate it for what it is for - but you will have the memories.

Personally I can't wait to do it with my daughter again.

~Amanda

floridamom
06-25-2012, 02:17 PM

My husband enjoys it and there is a "Gentleman's Tea" that is offered. There have been a few other men there when we have gone.

Disnamic Duo
06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
floridamom;We have taken our two DDs, now 9 and 7, for the past two summers and have booked it again for next month. Needless to say, we all enjoy it, including DH.

My wife and I BOTH love it! I plan our WDW vacations, and it's a priority for me every year. It's always one of the very best things we do at WDW.

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I love high tea!

TheDuckRocks
06-26-2012, 09:30 AM

Tea at the Grand Floridian is one of my husbands favorite things to do at WDW and there have always been other men there when we've gone.