PDA

View Full Version : Making the most of one day

IloveJack
06-23-2012, 07:44 PM
We just returned from our DD's birthday trip ( I really need to write that trip report!). We stayed with some friends just outside of Lake City on the way home. They begged me to convince my parents to visit soon, as they are really their friends. The night we got back, I found out my mother had been laid off. I figured she'd refuse a visit due to finances, but she's actually thinking they might go, because she wouldn't have a job tying her down (she has a few months pay in her severance package).
Anyhow, I'm trying to convince them to go during my school's fall break, as DH was dissappointed that our trip this year wasn't during MNSSHP time. However, the party is only scheduled for one night while we might be there, and it's not a night we can go. So... I'm thinking about asking my principal for an extra day off, and going down a day early. If he says yes, then we would have one day at WDW before heading to see our friends. What do you think we should do?
Is there a good, out of the parks, character lunch we could hit? I want us to be at the turnstiles at 4pm for MNSSHP, if we're going, and I don't want to buy park tickets for a half of a day. So I'm looking for ideas for the morning/early afternoon. We will probably get one night at AoA, as it'd be too late to drive back to our friend's after the party, but swimming isn't always warm in late Oct. DH and I have done putt-putt before, but I doubt the DDs will like that. What else is there for 2 adults, a 4 yr old, and a 16 month old?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-24-2012, 01:58 PM
If you're booking at AoA, I would plan some pool time, since the pools are just wonderful and the resort is beautiful.

If you're not sure about swimming (or the weather doesn't co-operate), mini-golf could be an option (and I'd think your 4 year old would really enjoy it, especially the Winterland course).

I don't think there is a lot of choice for a character lunch, but it could be fun to eat at Boma and see the animals from AKL, or eat at T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe and then walk around DTD.

faline
06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Perhaps you might book a late character breakfast (more of a brunch time) such as O'Hana or 1900 Park Faire.

I'll bet it would be warm enough to swim for a bit in the afternoon before you head over to the park for the party.