PDA

View Full Version : I need to know how much to tip in the following situations...

mom2morgan
06-23-2012, 11:31 AM
so I can plan what cash to bring with me:
1. Magical Express driver?
2. Bell services if they help with luggage to and from room?
3. taxi driver from Disney to Universal or Seaworld?
4. how much each day for Mousekeeping?
5. And does everyone here tip the full recommended 18% at meals, including buffets?
Any other "tippables" I may have forgotten?

CajunDisneyDad
06-23-2012, 11:45 AM
In most cases you can find out with the "industry standard" tip is. I know for bell service I called and they were not afraid to tell me 1.00 per bag. As for the meal, yes I usually do the 18%. The only exception was one time at Capn Jacks... and needless to say we havent been back there since. Usually my wife leaves something for Mousekeeping (not sure how much) and we usually give the magical express 10 dollars (not sure what industry standard is)

BrerGnat
06-23-2012, 12:04 PM
so I can plan what cash to bring with me:
1. Magical Express driver?
2. Bell services if they help with luggage to and from room?
3. taxi driver from Disney to Universal or Seaworld?
4. how much each day for Mousekeeping?
5. And does everyone here tip the full recommended 18% at meals, including buffets?
Any other "tippables" I may have forgotten?

1. A dollar for every bag he/she helps you get out from under the bus. $0 if he/she doesn't assist you with anything.

2. Bell Services is $1 per bag. DO NOT TIP the person who brings your DME bags to your room (from the bag delivery service), if you use that feature. These people are not to recieve tips!

3. Taxi driver: $3-5 each way tip

4. Mousekeeping: $1 per person/day of your stay. If you are 4 people, round up to $5 per day, especially if you make special requests. If you have to call for extra towels, blankets, etc. tip the person $2 who brings it up to your room.

5. Meals are based on service. I tip MINIMUM of 18% these days, even for bad service. I will tip up to 25% for excellent service. I tend to just tip 20% across the board, though...easy to calculate. ;) Our kids tend to make kind of a mess at the table, so I never tip less than 18%. :blush:

DizneyRox
06-23-2012, 12:21 PM
1. $0 or maybe a couple bucks for bags.
2. Couple bucks a bag. This Includes groceries.
3. For me it would probably be based on the fare. I tip about $20 each way for town car service to/from airport. Never did taxi in WDW.
4. Non tipped positions get nothing from me.
5. I'm a big tipper at meals, unless they add the gratuity surcharge. Then they get the surcharge if the service is exceptional, otherwise I talk to a manager. 20% is not unusual if the surcharge isn't applied.

AgentC
06-23-2012, 01:45 PM
1. I have never used Magical Express
2. $1 a bag
3. We usually have our car but when I've taken taxis in other places,I usually tip 20% or so of the fare.
4. Usually $1 a person. I know many people don't tip housekeeping but I tend to tip anyone who does a personal service for me.
5. I almost always am using Tables in Wonderland at WDW. If the service is basic, I just go with the 18% that is automatically added. If the server does a particularly nice job or my kids have been extra messy, I will usually leave an additional $2-$10.

pixiesmimi
06-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Do you tip concierge on club level and if so, how often? May sound silly but this is our first stay at club level.

BrerGnat
06-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Do you tip concierge on club level and if so, how often? May sound silly but this is our first stay at club level.

No, you do not need to tip the staff on the Club Level. They are not allowed to accept tips or gifts, from what I understand.

Enjoy your first Club Level stay...and start saving up for your next trip because CL will spoil you. :cloud9:

pixiesmimi
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Thank you! Now if the storm just doesn't keep us away this weekend. :mickey: