PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha, best time?

rnin02
06-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I know this isn't a super recommended show, but my friend who is joining us on vacation really, really wants to do it, so we are going to take a chance on this show. What time is better to see the fire effects, or does it really matter? For the record we are going in December so I guess it will be getting darker earlier then anyway.

DizneyRox
06-21-2012, 04:21 PM
In December, anytime will be dark enough...

psst - You can see a fire twirler for free at Festival of the Lion King.

rnin02
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
In December, anytime will be dark enough...

psst - You can see a fire twirler for free at Festival of the Lion King.

thanks! And yeah, i know about lion king, but my friend has never gotten the full meal and dinner show at Disney experience so we are going to do both:) poor girl's never even had as much as a dole whip on any her previous trips so we are trying to show her lots of stuff.

DizneyRox
06-21-2012, 07:09 PM
I'd suggest the Hoop Dee Doo over the luau, especially if you're looking to show her a good time.

I walked away from the luau feeling like I was robbed. I also left hungry as none of the food was very palatable...

rnin02
06-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I know Hoop Dee Doo is better but she really wants this. and she's crazy about pineapple;) we are also going to Boma and Le Cellier so that good food should counter act any bad:)

paymerich
06-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Go early and catch the torch lighting ceremony at Poly and the eat good food at O'hanas ! Your friend will thank you.

disneynarula
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
I liked it slightly better than the Hoop De Doo.

MargaretMessler
06-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I second the suggestion of Ohana's. The Spirit of Aloha show to me was just okay. Hoop dee Doo was amazing, I have done it three times. I liked Ohanas, and we went at a time that allowed us to see the fireworks afterwards. :mickey: