PDA

View Full Version : The Wave

disneynarula
06-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Any recent experieces with The Wave? We are looking to try something new and I booked this for my October trip. We wanted a nice TS near the MK to eat at before we use EMH.

I have tried O'Hana several times and am not a fan. This is our alternative. Another option is the Kona Cafe.

I asked this a few months ago but I wanted to get some fresh imput.

We are a party of six ages 2-65. Two have milk allergies, and one is a vegan. We are fairly adventurous eaters and go more for quality rather than quantity.

Melanie
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
I've only done The Wave...of American Flavors....at breakfast. Hopefully some others will come along with dinner reviews, but from just my experience, I'd go with Kona 100x over The Wave.

mdricks
06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I would imagine the vegan offerings are limited. At the wave its a vegetable curry stew and a salad. Don't know what's at kona.

I liked, not loved, the wave. Not a disapointment but I will wager my family doesn't remember eating there. Struck me as an afterthought.

:number1:

laprana
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
I ate at the Wave for lunch just a couple of weeks ago and had dinner there in May 2011. On both occasions, we had fantastic meals and service! I had the cobb salad for lunch there, and it was very good. The others in my group had the chicken sandwich and the bison burger, both of which got rave reviews! And the desserts (which are the same for lunch and dinner) are very, very good! For dinner, I had the filet of beef and it was wonderful. I can't remember what everyone else in our group had, but I do remember that we were all very happy with our meal. I'd go back there again in a second! :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
06-21-2012, 03:56 PM
We love the Wave. We are also not a fan of Ohana's. We were there in April and had great food and service. We also go to the lounge after MK to unwind. The food will be good for your wide age range. Another good place is GFC.

Itchy
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
We love the Wave. We were just there this past May and will visit them again in Sept.

I think that their Fillet Minon is as good or better than the one at Califonia Grill. I don't know of any bad meal that we have had there.

Our waitress the past trip was outstanding along with the food.

They also have a great bar there. Overall very good atmosphere and food, enjoy.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

faline
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
I've had mixed experiences at this location. Our first experience was a night when we had no reservations and were unable to secure any -we ate at the bar and had an excellent meal. So good that we booked a reservation there on our next trip - that experience was - eh! - okay but not great.

We ate there again this past December and had a good meal - not excellent, but good.

greengeen
06-21-2012, 06:23 PM
We had a not-so-good experience (when they first opened) followed by several surprisingly good experiences. We are vegetarians and don't like anything with the word "stew" in it, so we ordered the veggie cuban sandwich at lunch, and it was really good. The salads are excellent. They have organic beer flights, which are cool. I don't know about dinner, but we really enjoyed the lunch experience there. Service and ambiance are good, by the way.

omearac
06-21-2012, 10:15 PM
We ate there a couple of years ago and the whole experience was outstanding. I am a vegetarian and wasn't thrilled with anything on the menu. The chef came out and talked to us. He made a grilled tofu with endemane - OMG! So, so good. The bread is a great multigrain. The dessert??? What!!! AWESOME! We got the trio sampler and it was out of this world. Our server was fantastic and the restaurant is gorgeous. I'll definitely go back. It was hands down my favorite place on that trip. :D