PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat for anniversary?

disneynarula
06-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Any thoughts on where DH and I could have dinner for our anniversary in a moderate price range? We will not be using park tickets that day. We will have a rental car so off property places are okay too.

Mickey'sGirl
06-21-2012, 09:28 AM
What about Sanaa at the Kidani at the Animal Kingdom Lodge? The food was absolutely fantastic, and not too expensive. Here is the menu (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Sanaa/sanaa-menu-dinner.pdf).

disneynarula
06-21-2012, 09:54 AM
We are already eating at Saana, Boma, Via Napoli, Captain's Grill, and The Wave as a family when we do our Disney Week. I guess I should have said that.

Of course we love Saana. Maybe we could eat there twice!

The week before Disney we are renting a condo and staying off property. My mother is taking a long weekend to come and spend some time with us. That is when we are going to go out on a date night.

WRWDisney
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
For a little intimacy, I would recommend Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. A little more of an adult restaurant (i.e., not as many kids as at some of the resorts), a great menu, and you can get a nice view (if you request a window table). I also am a lover of Sanaa's, but find the atmosphere to be a little louder. If you get one of the better tables (those by the window), you are quite likely to be interrupted by a little one trying to get to the window to look out at the animals (this doesn't upset me, but might not be the most romantic).

Also, an obvious choice, but one we enjoy, is the California Grill at the Contemporary.

Hope some of this helps.

disneynarula
06-21-2012, 10:08 AM
I keep thinking the California Grill might be nice. Especially if we can get a table and see Wishes. I just wonder if the prices are really worth it? I don't mind paying for a good meal but I find that sometimes at WDW the prices are a bit inflated for what you get.

Airblue1
06-27-2012, 01:22 AM
Cali Grill is a great choice! Go for it, we did and truly enjoyed our time together!

Kairi_7378
06-30-2012, 10:52 AM
We had a very good meal at Artist's Point during our Sept '11 visit. (Not so great in 2007 but I think that the chef has been changed since then.) I would recommend it for an anniversary. The CA Grill is also great, but I'd give a slight edge to AP due to its quieter atmosphere.

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Not exactly what your idea of moderate pricing is. Bluezoo at the Dolphin is a good choice for an adult meal.:thumbsup:

TracyL
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I concur that it matters what you consider "moderate" prices. If you're OK with spending $100-125 for two people, you should be able to get a very satisfying meal including drinks and desserts at most any place on property including Cali Grill. But if that's outside your budget, it's totally not worth the stress of feeling like you can't order what you want or that it's going to break the bank.

If you're OK with that budget for a special occasion, my three favorites are Artist Point, Jiko, and Citricos. All have wonderful food, excellent service, and a little bit more "adult"/low-key atmosphere. I have gotten out for under $130 (including tip) for two people including 2-3 beers (I don't drink but my date for those meals did), and if I remember right, we usually had either two appetizers and a dessert, or one appetizer and two desserts, so we weren't skimping on what we ordered. Every time, we expected the bill total to be higher than it was.

Having been to places outside Disney that were more expensive and not as good, I consider all three an excellent value. But it really depends -- if that amount of money feels like too much, it's not going to be a fun experience no matter how good the food is.

One other thing I will say is that if you're doing a lot of table service meals, especially at the high end of the price range, do the math and see if a Tables in Wonderland card would earn out for you. The card itself costs a chunk of change, but then you get a 20% discount on all table service meals including alcohol for an entire year. The only catch is that they add back an 18% gratuity. One card is good for, I think, up to 8 diners, and a family of four is probably going to break even on that card in about three meals. It has definitely been a great value for me; I'm in my second year as a Tables in Wonderland member.

DreamFinder2
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure when your trip will be, but remember CaliGrill will be closed for refurb from Jan.2013 until late summer 2013.

Jared
07-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Since you specified a "moderate" price range, I will assume you are not considering any of the signature locations. I would consider all of those to be expensive.

Have you considered Kouzzina on the BoardWalk? It's perhaps a little noisier than you are looking for, but the food is marvelous. The downstairs portion of Wolfgang Puck Cafe is relatively cheap and tasty as well.

Kairi_7378
07-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Since you specified a "moderate" price range, I will assume you are not considering any of the signature locations. I would consider all of those to be expensive.

Have you considered Kouzzina on the BoardWalk? It's perhaps a little noisier than you are looking for, but the food is marvelous. The downstairs portion of Wolfgang Puck Cafe is relatively cheap and tasty as well.

I was thinking of Kouzzina too, but since we haven't been there yet (trying it in September, though!) I didn't. Another moderately priced restaurant that we like is Sanaa.