PDA

View Full Version : Rain and Rides

mustBgoofy
06-20-2012, 09:33 PM
I leave in 6 1/2 hours :mickey: and unforunately FL is supposed to have the same type of weather MS had 2 weekends ago. My question is, do they run outdoor coasters (EE, BTMR, Kilimanjaro Safari) in the rain? I know they won't do it in lightening but what if it is that drive you crazy steady light rain? Also, if I want to park at the GF to go to 1900 Park Fare, where do I park? I read somewhere that you don't park at the resort, but across the street? Thanks for anyone who could help.

Main Street Jim
06-20-2012, 09:44 PM
1) Rain, yes. Lightning, no.

2) For 1900 Park Faire, yes, it's right across Floridian Way. *Maybe* a 3-minute walk.

mustBgoofy
06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks so much! I knew I would get a fast answer! Now I can zip up the suitcases and go to sleep!!!!

Niecyboo
06-21-2012, 12:16 AM
I can say yes from personal experience. On our last day, we told the kids we couldn't ride SM since we were wearing our "traveling" clothes and our bags were already checked. We rode BTMRR instead, and just about the time we got on it started pouring. We hadn't realized it was coming, and ended up getting off looking like we'd gotten the worst of it on Splash! LOL

Wolf
06-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Last October when we went down it was flooding the whole time, we rode EE 6 times and could've kept going but we were dizzy lol they will run it even in pretty heavy rain just no thunder, honestly it was soo fun and way more thrilling in the rain, it felt like something out of a movie!! Have a blast!!

PopPhan
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I can say yes from personal experience. On our last day, we told the kids we couldn't ride SM since we were wearing our "traveling" clothes and our bags were already checked. We rode BTMRR instead, and just about the time we got on it started pouring. We hadn't realized it was coming, and ended up getting off looking like we'd gotten the worst of it on Splash! LOL

Hope you went over to SM right after BTMRR then! You were already soaked, what would a little more hurt? :thedolls:

We rode EE the first time in alight, misty rain. Not enough to soak you, but you knew it was there. Actually enjoyed the cool, damp feeling.

WDWFRK
06-21-2012, 04:06 PM
There's nothing like a ride on BTMRR with the rain pelting your face :thumbsup:. We still had fun!

Quadstriker
06-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Last October when we went down it was flooding the whole time, we rode EE 6 times and could've kept going but we were dizzy lol they will run it even in pretty heavy rain just no thunder, honestly it was soo fun and way more thrilling in the rain, it felt like something out of a movie!! Have a blast!!

That sounds like a lot of fun to me

Scrappy2
06-22-2012, 11:23 PM
I must have been there the same week as Wolf. We were there last October and it was a good, hard, steady rain and everything was running. We were at MK that day. I did well that morning but by the end of the day I must say that the rain was wearing on me. They did cancel Fantasmic because of the rain.

LudwigVonDrake
06-24-2012, 11:37 AM
I have ridden Big Thunder Mountain plenty of times in the rain. Lotsa fun :D

Wolf
06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
I must have been there the same week as Wolf. We were there last October and it was a good, hard, steady rain and everything was running. We were at MK that day. I did well that morning but by the end of the day I must say that the rain was wearing on me. They did cancel Fantasmic because of the rain.

We were there Columbus weekend last Oct for a long weekend trip. Yeah after a full day of it we were kinda beat down but we just napped showered and decided anywhere here is better than the nicest day at home lol

TexasRoni
06-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Our first trip to WDW (1999) we ended up in a downpour at AK, and purchased really cool AK themed ponchos and it's now a tradition to head there if there's rain in the forecast. We've done safari, kali river rapids and plenty of wandering about in the rain there.

Also, since we've done so many WDW trips so we've managed to get rained on in each and every park. HS we hang around backlot area (Muppets, Star Tours) if it rains. And MK we've done SM in the pouring rain - really fun!

Gator
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM
There's nothing like BigThunderMT in the rain. However, it's a real bummer when the lightening shuts down SplashMt. Been there, done that.