PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation!

dsnyfan001
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Just wondering who is staying at the AOA and which one are you staying at? I am staying at the Little Mermaid and My in laws are in the Lion King, I hear their food is supposed to be great.. is that true?

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Christine
06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't say it's "great" but it's definitely different than the standard fare, which is a refreshing twist. Try the surf and surf burger- crab cake patty topped with shrimp! Wow!!:thumbsup:

We stayed at Nemo- super cute!! Just an fyi- Lion king is the only building without its own pool, just in case your inlaws didn't know.

Have a great time!!I think you'll be very pleased!

Ed
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
If you check out Intercot's Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Intercot)page, you'll find quite a few pictures.

We stayed in a family suite in the Cars section last week; very nice. The food court is expansive with a wide variety of foods. We only ate breakfast there, and it was quite good.

dsnyfan001
06-21-2012, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't say it's "great" but it's definitely different than the standard fare, which is a refreshing twist. Try the surf and surf burger- crab cake patty topped with shrimp! Wow!!:thumbsup:

We stayed at Nemo- super cute!! Just an fyi- Lion king is the only building without its own pool, just in case your inlaws didn't know.

Have a great time!!I think you'll be very pleased!

thank you for the info! ill let the in laws know !! :thumbsup:

dsnyfan001
06-21-2012, 08:46 AM
If you check out Intercot's Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Intercot)page, you'll find quite a few pictures.

We stayed in a family suite in the Cars section last week; very nice. The food court is expansive with a wide variety of foods. We only ate breakfast there, and it was quite good.

Thanks ! im going to go on the page now and check it out, i heard the place is really nice :mickey:

disneynarula
06-21-2012, 11:42 AM
We are staying in the Cars building in October! I am so excited.

ThanxForNoticin
06-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Can anyone explain to me where on property AoA is located? Is it near WWoS? Sounds like a fun place.

Thanks.

BrerGnat
06-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Art of Animation is located on the back side of Pop Century. It was to be the "other half" of Pop Century before they decided to change the theme.

It is located near the WWoS. You can find it on Google Maps by typing in "Disney's Art of Animation Resort."

laprana
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
We didn't stay there, but we did visit the day after it opened and had lunch there. It was so neat! The themeing is fantastic, from what we were able to see in the main lobby area, pool area, and exterior of the buildings. We really liked the food court...it had a great variety of items that we haven't seen in other food courts before. Be sure to try the freshly-made gelato...delicious! Have a great time staying there!! :mickey:

dsnyfan001
06-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Can anyone explain to me where on property AoA is located? Is it near WWoS? Sounds like a fun place.

Thanks.

From what I know it's close to the wide world of sports complex and right next to pop century ! :)

dsnyfan001
06-21-2012, 08:46 PM
We didn't stay there, but we did visit the day after it opened and had lunch there. It was so neat! The themeing is fantastic, from what we were able to see in the main lobby area, pool area, and exterior of the buildings. We really liked the food court...it had a great variety of items that we haven't seen in other food courts before. Be sure to try the freshly-made gelato...delicious! Have a great time staying there!! :mickey:

That's what I heard the food was different and good too !! I can't wait to go !!

mommy2maddi
06-22-2012, 01:18 AM
We will be in the Mermaid rooms in December. Can't wait!

ThanxForNoticin
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Art of Animation is located on the back side of Pop Century. It was to be the "other half" of Pop Century before they decided to change the theme.

It is located near the WWoS. You can find it on Google Maps by typing in "Disney's Art of Animation Resort."

Oh, so this is a newly-themed completion of the Pop Century section that was supposed to be the 'early years'? Got it. If that's the case, then that's great. Those old, unused buildings were out of place for a Disney resort. Thanks.

disneykid99
06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
We will be in the LM section in Sept - we check in the day LM section opens :mickey:. Super excited - after reading your post I am even more excited. Our kids think we are staying at the PoP. They are going to be floored :cloud9: when we pull up the the AoA and tell them this is where we are staying.

LandFan
06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Yep - that is where it is! They finally made something out of that side. It is no longer an eye-sore! I can't wait until September - We are staying in Little Mermaid : )

faberj
06-22-2012, 10:30 PM
We are staying there in November in a Lion King suite, can't wait!

jonahbear2006
06-23-2012, 12:42 AM
What!?! no water hole? I hope they figure out that this is an important part of the Lion King area and decide to add it because it would really make this all perfecto if they added a water hole with a creative paint job on the bottom of the pool to resemble a water hole and not a man made pool. Wherever will simba and nala play?

JPooh
06-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Which building are the preferred rooms?

LandFan
06-24-2012, 11:12 AM
If the way they did Pop's preferred rooms are any indication, based upon the map, I would guess that parts of cars, nemo and lion king buildings would be preferred (the wings that are closes to Animation Hall). Little Mermaid is way out so I wouldn't think any of those rooms are preferred.

That is just my guess - maybe someone else will be along soon to verify my guess... :mickey:

BrerGnat
06-24-2012, 01:12 PM
If the way they did Pop's preferred rooms are any indication, based upon the map, I would guess that parts of cars, nemo and lion king buildings would be preferred (the wings that are closes to Animation Hall). Little Mermaid is way out so I wouldn't think any of those rooms are preferred.

That is just my guess - maybe someone else will be along soon to verify my guess... :mickey:

As far as I can tell, there are NO preferred rooms here. When you go to book, you're not given an option for preferred room locations. You are only given the choice of which themed room you want.

Finding Nemo section would be the one that is closest to Animation Hall and the Big Blue Pool.

Little Mermaid section is practically in another County...it's a long, long haul.

brownie
06-24-2012, 01:41 PM
As far as I can tell, there are NO preferred rooms here. When you go to book, you're not given an option for preferred room locations. You are only given the choice of which themed room you want.

Finding Nemo section would be the one that is closest to Animation Hall and the Big Blue Pool.

Little Mermaid section is practically in another County...it's a long, long haul.

Probably because you're already paying extra for the rooms being family suites.

disneynarula
06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
We put in for a room request to be closer to the big pool but there are not preferred rooms.

SurferStitch
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Well, considering it's only me and DH staying there in October, there's no way we're going to pay the high price for a suite, so we'll walk the extra few minutes from the Little Mermaid section to the main building. If it's laid out like Pop, then even the furthest room is only a few more minutes of walking (based on our experience there).... Considering ALL of the walking we do in the parks, a few hundred extra steps won't be bad at all.

In fact, from looking at the map, the distance to the bus stop from LM buildings 7 and 9 really isn't much further at all than Cars building 2, especially if you're staying on the back end of 2. Sure, LM building 8 is furthest out, but it's just a 30 second walk across the pool area and you're already at the other LM buildings. Then another couple minutes and you're at the LK section. So really, at the most you're a few minutes further away than LK or Cars.

Can't wait to take a walk through the Cars section.... It looks SO cool!!

dsnyfan001
06-25-2012, 06:33 PM
We will be in the LM section in Sept - we check in the day LM section opens :mickey:. Super excited - after reading your post I am even more excited. Our kids think we are staying at the PoP. They are going to be floored :cloud9: when we pull up the the AoA and tell them this is where we are staying.

AWWW That is super exciting !!! You gotta take pics of their faces as soon as they see it !!!!

LudwigVonDrake
06-27-2012, 01:49 PM
If I ever stay at AoA I think I would really want to stay in the Cars section. It looks awesome! :mickey:

disneykid99
06-27-2012, 03:11 PM
AWWW That is super exciting !!! You gotta take pics of their faces as soon as they see it !!!!

Thanks - we will try to get pictures and video. Less than 12 weeks till we are there. :mickey:

(PS - this is my first time using the quote button)

#1donaldfan
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
My DD and I were just there looking around the other day....the Cars section was by far the coolest !!! We had to look through the fence on the Lion King side as it was not yet complete. It's located across the hour glass lake behind POP,which if you run is a great place !! Have fun, it looks to be a "keeper" !!:cool: