PDA

View Full Version : Age Verification

Butters
06-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Next Sept we will be going to WDW the week before my DDs third bday. (were doing this to prevent buying her a ticket) my question is what proof is needed to show she is not 3 yet? I don't like the idea of carrying around her birth certificate at the parks in case it gets wet/lost/stollen. She is off the charts for her height so I'm worried they may think she's over 3.

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Could you make a photocopy of her birth certificate?

(I have no idea how age verification works at Disney.)

DizneyRox
06-20-2012, 04:31 PM
You should be fine without verification. If you want, a photocopy might give you peace of mind, but I seriously doubt there will be an issue.

I've heard of looks and whatnot being given, but I wouldn't pay much attention to that. If they are under three, there's no issue.

DVC2004
06-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I agree take a photo copy if you want but I sincerely hope they aren't asking for proof of age. Tacky if they do. :(

Yo Mickey!
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
you should be able to go to the dmv and get her an id. just take the birth cert and the ssn card and you should be good to go.

Kairi_7378
06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
We checked in the day before DS's 3rd birthday last year. I did bring a photocopy of the birth certificate with me to use at check in if needed. The CM at check in simply wished DS a very happy unbirthday and advised us to not mention his birthday around the ticket gates, just to avoid any hastles. Not once did anyone say anything about DS's age at the gates.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Don't worry at all, you won't have an issue!

If it sets your mind at ease, you can take a photocopy of the birth certificate, but it won't be needed at all, they won't ask.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-21-2012, 08:01 AM
I agree that it probably will not be needed, but you could just use your cell phone to take a picture of the birth certificate, that way you are not carrying anything around. Just a thought.

Butters
06-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice... I'll prob just bring a photo copy for my own price of mind :mickey: