PDA

View Full Version : 2 Princesses & Us!! Planning stage pre-trip report

mommy2maddi
06-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Cast:
Jim-DH & saint for accepting and learning to love my enormous love for Disney!!
Melissa-Me...Trip planning fanatic!!!
Madeline-DD 9 & Belle's biggest fan-1st Trip!!
Lily-DD 5 & fan of all princesses-1st Trip!!

Last time my DH and I went to Disney it was a short-planned trip so I never did do a pre-trip report. I started a trip report but never did finish it. So this time I'm going to do it all...From start to finish. Our trip is December 15-21. We are driving...this will be an adventure for us. :clappy: We are staying at Art of Animation resort in the Mermaid rooms. We originally booked POP but made poor Kathy from MJ change our reservations 3 times due to resort change and other scheduling conflicts. MJ is great and I'd be lost without them-especially Kathy. We used her for our last trip and think she's amazing!
Here is a pretty close to done itinerary for our trip. I've made alterations to it a couple of times but I think this time I have it right! :)Here it is:
We plan to leave Northeast Wisconsin around 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 13th. We (mostly me) will drive through the night. :drive: This is by far the best time to drive as DD's will be sleeping and traffic is very sparse. We will stop when we need to and have food in coolers to eat at rest stops or in the car. We will drive until approximately 3:00 p.m. on Friday the 14th and then stop and get a hotel. Get to bed early so we can be up and on the road by 7:00 a.m. Plan to arrive at WDW by noon on December 15th. :cloud9:

December 15th:
• Arrive at WDW. Check in to Art of Animation Resort
2:00 p.m. Bus to…
• Magic Kingdom until 10:00 p.m.
December 16th:
8:00 a.m. Bus to…
• Epcot
• Breakfast @ Akershush @ 9:30 a.m.
• Lunch @ Counter Service
4:00 p.m. Bus to…
• Hollywood Studios-E.M.H. 8:00-11:00 p.m. or until tired
• Dinner @ Sci-fi Dine-In Theater @ 5:30 p.m.

December 17th:
7:00 a.m. Bus to…
• Animal Kingdom-E.M.H. 8:00-9:00 a.m.
• Lunch @ Flame Tree Barbecue
4:30 p.m. Bus to…
• Polynesian Resort-Dinner at Ohanas at 5:55 p.m. :lei:
Monorail to…
• Magic Kingdom-E.M.H. until 1:00 a.m.-or until tired

December 18th:
10:00 a.m. Bus to Magic Kingdom
• Bibbity Bobbity Boutique @ noon! :princess:
• Lunch @ Tony’s Town Square @ 2:00 p.m.
• Magic Kingdom Christmas Party 7:00 p.m.-midnight
December 19th:
9:30 a.m. Bus to Magic Kingdom-Walk to Contemporary Resort
• 10:45 Breakfast @ Chef Mickeys
Bus to…
• Hollywood Studios until 8:00 p.m. ( subject to change if we are tired)
December 20th:
• Animal Kingdom at 9:00 a.m.
• Lunch at Yak & Yeti at 2:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. Bus to…
• Grand Floridian Resort to see the Christmas decorations
Walk to…
• Wilderness Resort to see the Christmas decorations
Monorail to TTC, then to…
• Epcot until 9:30 p.m. or until tired
December 21st:
10:00 a.m. Check out of hotel-Bus to…
• Downtown Disney-Shopping-Goofy’s Candy Co.-Ghirardelli!!
Bus back to hotel by 3:00 p.m.
• Leave WDW :sadwave:

That's it...it has taken me many hours to reach this point but I honestly do love the planning almost as much as the trip itself. DH & my last trip was also our first trip to WDW and because I planned it out, it went flawlessly. We went in August when it was steaming hot and crowded but it went off without a hitch thanks to tips I learned here on Intercot!!!
Our plans are of course subject to change. I will not drag my daughters around a park if they are exhausted, tired, cranky, or just plain ready to relax at the hotel. The only thing that is set in stone is the dining times I made...that's it. Can't wait for this adventure and to share it all with you!
T.T.F.N!!!

mommy2maddi
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Sorry for the title...Messed that one up good!!! :mickey:

disneymom15
06-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Sounds like a nice plan. Where in Wisconsin are you? We could be neighbors.

mommy2maddi
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
We live in Appleton...Same as you!! :mickey: It's a small world!

disneymom15
06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Small world indeed. We're actually in the Town of Menasha near Palisades Park.

faline
06-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Now all you have to do is wait for the time to pass!

mommy2maddi
06-22-2012, 01:01 AM
We are in the town of Menasha also! Behind George's Steakhouse! The world is getting smaller and smaller! My children go to Gegan Elementary.

disneymom15
06-22-2012, 10:06 AM
We are in the town of Menasha also! Behind George's Steakhouse! The world is getting smaller and smaller! My children go to Gegan Elementary.

How funny. My daughter is grown, she's 22.

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I hope you have a great trip -- especially the first trips for your daughters! :cloud9:

January-2007
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Hope you have a great time!

emerzmom
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Your trip sounds wonderful and several months of anticipating the fun!
Looking forward to your trip report.
:mickey:
Julie

Darbylew
07-05-2012, 11:36 AM
The plan sounds great. I hope you have a
wonderful time in the land of Mickey and the Magic. Christmas is a wonderful time to be there. So much to see and do. :thumbsup:

Gauis2001
07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
:mickey:

Never a dull moment! Hope you have a blast! Nothing like your first time. My first time was in 1972 and Space Mountain wasn't even built yet, much less a couple parks and hotels and we were using ticket books! :thumbsup:

Mammabruski
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
What a fun trip you have planned! I bet your girls are going to have the time of their lives. Enjoy all that the Christmas season brings to Disney!:mickey: