PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Chic's rainy departure day/overview

EpcotChic23
06-20-2012, 09:20 AM
June 11th

Departure Day

I woke up before our alarm went off around 6:30 everyone was still asleep. I threw on clothes and grabbed my camera. I walked around the hotel to take some pictures. It was beautiful the sun was rising no one was really up yet, no boats on the lake. I took pictures and said my private good bye to WDW.

I went and got my last cup of Kona coffee. Walking back to my room I run into my DF who has been going to WDW with me almost my whole like so he knows right now I am super upset. So he starts giving me daddy advice “You had a good time, the weather stunk, you will be back ……). I got back to the room and DD and DH are up. DD must know we are leaving because she does not want to get out of bed and get dressed. We finish packing and DH brings the bags to check in. We did not go over the 50 lbs mark which made us super happy. Seriously, we did not buy a lot of things this year.

ME was going to pick up us up around 9:45. Once we were all dressed we left our room, for the last time. Went to the lobby and took turns going to get food and last minute shopping. I had to pick up something for my friend watching our dog.

The bus came and I teared up a little but I had my sunglasses on so no one could tell. Went through security without any major issues, hoped the monorail, got food, one last bathroom break then went to our gate. Flight home was fine DD slept the whole flight as soon as we took off. Once we got home I was sitting on the couch with DD watching Disney Junior and I looked around and I seriously felt like I never left NJ. I am now pushing DH to go for a super quick trip (nothing fancy) end of September, no commitment yet but we will see.

Overview:
The weather was the worst I have ever experienced. I am use to the quick PM thunderstorms but I feel I lost out so much time especially in the evenings. I wanted to do a lot more for DD but couldn’t. She didn’t realize she missed things and had the time of her life. This is the age I recommend you bring your child to WDW for the first time any earlier she really had no idea what was going on.

We got to enjoy the pool a lot this year. Really enjoyed the pool cabana my DF got. A lot of attractions plus the monorail were breaking down (my DB got stuck on the monorail 2 x this trip). I hope WDW is not getting too big and they are not maintaining everything like they use to. My DF and I were having this discussion and that is what he feels.

I enjoyed the Undiscovered Future World Tour. I sent a thank you e-mail to our tour guide yesterday telling him we appreciate everything he did.

Food wise very happy with Tony’s, Cali Grill, 1900 Park Fare, might skip next time Yak and Yeti and Liberty Tree.

Best moments Norway princess breakfast and watching Dream Along With Mickey with DD on my shoulders.

Thank you for reading my trip reports. It was fun to share all the little details with people I know would appreciate everything Disney.

TTFN Ta ta for now!!!

faline
06-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Leaving to go home again is always hard! Your dad is right - you will be back - Besides - with that lousy weather - you need a do-over!!

cather74
06-20-2012, 10:08 AM
What a great report. I feel like I wrote it myself....from staying at the Poly to the frozen drinks...to the DF lecture.....to the tears.....it seems like a trip I went on. Glad you had such a good time. I hate the feeling when you come home and it's like you never left. Glad to hear DD was the right age. Going to bring DS in about three years...he ll be four and his little brother or sister...( currently a bun in the oven) will be almost 3. Hope the September trip works out!:mickey:

WDWFRK
06-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

slegrant
06-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Sorry for all the rain, but it still sounded like a great trip. Thank you for sharing:mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
06-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Good luck with the September trip ;)

emerzmom
07-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I really loved reading your Trip Reports! Thank you for sharing your trip.
:mickey:
Julie

Tigerinvestigator
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Thank you for taking the time to share your reports. I enjoyed them and even though it sounds crazy I absolutely love the Poly in the rain. It is one of my favorite memories of WDW.

If we could find a cure for those Disney blues we would all be rich. Mine get so bad that I have a hard time enjoying my last two days because I know it is about to end. I start worrying about work, our bills etc. The only remedy is not a cure but works like a bandaid and that is planning your next trip. I have had many of those talks like your dad did, with my daughters and the whole time I was making them feel better I was actually dying inside!:thumbsup:

Mammabruski
07-06-2012, 02:24 PM
I loved your reports! Sorry the weather was crummy for you... You hope for the best, but it is out of your hands... I know how you feel about getting home, leaving and being sad. I get serious post Disney blues! Hopefully you get to go in September. Our next trip isn't for another 689 days. Not that I'm counting!

Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

amorillo
07-08-2012, 03:45 PM
i have to agree... that age (2-4) is such a great time to go!! when everything is so real to your little one.... it makes it so real for you too!

and yes, the best cure i've come across for the disney blues.... planning another trip!! :mickey:

thanks for sharing your trip with us!

January-2007
07-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

KylesMom
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Yes, the last teary-eyed goodbye happens to me too - my family expects it. And even with all the rain you encountered this trip, it didn't make leaving any easier I'm sure. But as everyone has said - you will be back, and will be able to share even more special things with your daughter. Every trip you will find there are more special memories made. :mickey3:

Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful details of your trip with us. :mickey:

DizNee143
07-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Departure day is never fun.
Besides all the rain..sounds like you guys had a great trip.
Thank you for sharing it with us, I really enjoyed reading ll about it. :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
07-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Do over!!! Sorry for the bad weather!

A few years ago I had a trip similar to this. It rained 6 out of 7 days, and it wasn't small amounts either. One day the path from Nemo to Soarin was flooded with over 3 inches of water. I spent my entire trip in a poncho with wet feet. I did a do over and had one of my best trips ever.

Thanks for the reports!