PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits June 2012

Figment!
06-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Tidbits
June 2012

More to Showcase

6/25/12 Epcot Cast have reported that Agent P's World Showcase Adventure started normal operations on June 23, 2012. The interactive attraction will be open daily from 11:00 am to 8:15pm. Although the attraction has gone into regular operation earlier than expected, Epcot Cast have clarified that the attraction is not complete per original plans. Over the next several months, the attraction will reportedly add new features and new missions in order to demonstrate the originally planned completed state.

6/19/12Epcot Cast have reported that Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure interactive game is now in “soft-opening” mode. The attraction is currently open for general public previews intermittently at non-announced times. Guests wishing to participate should check for Cast Members present at the sign-up locations.

Two Ring Queue

6/25/12 Magic Kingdom Cast have reported operational updates for the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction in Story Book Circus. FastPass for the refurbished attraction is now available, however; FastPass distribution is near Mickey's Philharmagic and not the actual Dumbo attraction. It has additionally been reported that Guests using FastPass will by-pass the interactive queue area. Guests wishing to experience the circus themed interactive queue area, will currently need to choose the stand-by line.

Fantasyland Fall-Out

6/19/12 The new Winnie the Pooh and friends Meet & Greet has opened in Fantasyland. The new location is called “A Place for Friends to Meet” and is currently open daily from 11:15 am – 5:30 pm.

5/16/12 Cast Members have been able to share more details regarding the new Winnie the Pooh meet and greet currently under construction in Fantasyland. The Meet and Greet will comprise part of the former Tigger Bounce section of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh interactive queue. The new location will reportedly feature a permanent queue and be a Photo Pass location.

1/7/12 As a result of expanding Fantasyland construction, the Magic Kingdom Winnie the Pooh Meet and Greet has been relocated. The Meet & Greet has been temporarily re-located to Town Square on Main Street USA.

Natadowner

6/19/12 Earlier this month Disney’s Animal Kingdom launched a new nightly series of activities. Starting after the conclusion of the daily parade and ending at park close, the Sundowner Celebration offers special activities in Asia, Africa, and Discovery Island. The activities include specialty food, cooking demonstrations, street parities, bands, art displays, and wine or juice tastings. The series of activities continues through June 30, 2012.

Flat-Out Addition

6/19/12 Pinocchio Village Haus in the Fantasyland section of the Magic Kingdom has recently expanded its quick Italian menu. The popular counter-service location has recently added pepperoni, BBQ Chicken, and Caprese flat breads priced at $8.59 - $9.69.

Hoop-Dee-New

6/19/12 The Walt Disney World resort has announced that its popular Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue dinner show will begin a new schedule in Fall 2012 . Starting October 1, the new showtimes will be 4:00 pm, 6:15 pm, and 8:30 pm.

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Our youngest son was asking about the Agent P missions at Epcot. He will be happy to hear that there's a chance to do one when we are down next month. Thanks Jason! :mickey:

andypooh
06-19-2012, 02:13 PM
DS3 and DS5 love this show. DS3 sleeps with agent P and I drink my coffee out of an agent P mug every morning. We will be in WDW 6/23-7/1. What are the chances we will have of being able to do the Agent P mission? Thanks.

DizneyRox
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Animal Kingdom did a similar 'Sundowner' activity a couple of years ago now I think. It was pretty cool, I figure it's to keep attendence up towards the end of the night. Glad to see it back (at least for the rest of the month). Hope people enjoy it enough for them to keep it up.

Figment!
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
We will be in WDW 6/23-7/1. What are the chances we will have of being able to do the Agent P mission? Thanks. With no set preview times or days, chances are nearly random. You might be able to get more info the day-of at Epcot Guest Services, but they may not even know.

If the previews start being offered consistently during any set times or days, I'll update the item. :thumbsup:

Melanie
06-20-2012, 10:24 PM
My son and I had a very productive Disney day today, trying out two of the new flatbreads at Pinocchio's and then heading to Epcot and doing one of the Agent P missions.

First, the flatbreads were yummy, and actually were on par with the available at Mara at AKL. We tried the BBQ Chicken and Caprese. I preferred the BBQ Chicken, but only because there was so much mozarella on the Caprese that it was a bit overwhelming. This is a really great new food offering!

We barely beat out a rain storm and got only one mission in for the new Agent P World Showcase Adventure, but we lucked out and got France, which contains one of the few new features added specifically for Agent P. If you want to see what it is, head over to our Twitter feed where I posted a pic earlier this afternoon. This is probably one of the most retweeted posts/pics INTERCOT has ever had. Otherwise, the stations are just retooled from Kim Possible. Phones are new though, and I also posted a pic of them and the new CM costumes on Twitter.

The actual stations within World Showcase (International Gateway, Germany, Norway) to pick up your FONE (Field Operative Notification Equipment) are not finished yet, just sitting generic for the time being. The elaborate Kim Possible station on the bridge from Future World to World Showcase is behind walls at this time, presumably undergoing the makeover to Agent P. The only thing with Agent P logo at this time is CM costume and the FONE.

mook3y
06-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey Figment, just wanted to say THANKS:thumbsup: for your latest post. We thought hoop dee doo was booked out for our trip and had quit looking for reservations. I saw your post on the new hours in October on Wednesday and was able to get reservations!

I would not of bothered looking if it wasn't for your update!

Thanks again! :number1:

Figment!
06-25-2012, 03:05 PM
**Update**

pdrlkr
07-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

vizsla
07-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the updates.