PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Chich's Rainy Trip Report Day 7

EpcotChic23
06-19-2012, 12:32 PM
June 10th

We wake up to sun will our last day be a completely sunny day? We have a 9:20 PS for Arkeush in Epcot. I dressed DD into her Princess tutu. We brought her Rapunzel gown but it was too hot to put her in it. We arrived at Epcot at 9am. It was such a nice walk to Norway. Nice and quiet since we were going the opposite direction of the crowds towards The Land.

We check in and get called within 5 min. We wait in line to take a picture with Belle. When it’s DD turn she goes up to Belle herself to take the picture. We are taken to our seats right next to the cold buffet. As soon as we visited the cold buffet the cast member stopped at our table with our picture. It came out beautiful my DH said if it wasn’t free he would have bought it (and DH is not into buying pictures when we have our own camera). The cast member also hands us a small envelope and tells us the photographer loved this next picture as well so he wanted to give us copies. It is a picture of Belle kissing DD cheek and the look on DD face melts your heart!

Sleeping Beauty was the first to stop at our table followed by Cinderella. Then the princess parade began we were in Snow White’s section (which we were super excited b/c DD favorite princess in Snow White). DD walked the restaurant by herself (no mommy for this moment) and I start to tear up (can you notice a trend here I cry a lot in Disney). I think this was the best moment of the whole trip. At that moment I decided it did not matter that we had horrible weather the look of enjoyment of my DD was worth everything.

Snow White came to our table and DD showed her Snow White doll. I got a great picture that I am going to use for DD bday thank you since it is a Snow White theme. The last princess was Ariel who called my DD a little guppy and liked the fish on my shorts. This was the first time we ate there, the food was OK but the whole interaction with the princesses and how my DD reacted was worth going there. If you have a little princess in your family you should really try to eat there.

Afterwards we walk to The Land to ride Living with the Land (DH favorite). 10 min wait not bad. While turning the bend to get to the entry/exit location we noticed 4 CM looking at our boat then BAM we got stuck. Seriously we are getting stuck on another ride!?!?! I don’t know what was wrong but more CM’s show up eventually managers of the park show up (wearing shirt and ties) all looking at our boat, won’t tell us what’s wrong. Then the maintaince guy shows up and we finally get moving.

Once we exit The Land it was getting HOT! I put DD in the stroller and head to the part of World Showcase we have not visited yet. We get to France and I take DD to meet Marie the cat. After that she wants nothing to do with the stroller, or Epcot all she wants is AC and the pool. I stop to get my grey goose slush YUM. We take the boat back to FW.

We get back to the Poly where my dad had one of the private pool cabana’s all day. DD and I head out to meet my family. DH is packing since today is our last day. We ordered some food and drinks and enjoyed the cabana and pool for around 2hrs.

We had PS for Liberty Tree that evening but I wanted to try to get to the MK a little earlier to see if I can get DD to meet Rapunzel the two other times we were at MK the wait was over an hour.

I get all call from DF the monorail is not working and will be down from 30-45min. The line for the boats are crazy. So basically there is no way to get to the MK. As we try to figure out what to do we are not going to make our PS. We speak to the main desk who tells us that Liberty Tree does not have any later PS. At this point it is 5:20 our PS are in 30 min and nothing is working. We decide to see if Kona can seat us, which they can. When DB goes to cancel our PS for Liberty Tree he notices people getting off the monorail. At this time it is 5:50 and we decide to head to the MK. The waiter at Kona is very understanding. We get to the MK and get to Liberty Tree 10 min late for our PS but they do not question us. We get seated. The food was OK this time around. Mac and Cheese, and Turkey good the rest kind of chewy.

We get out of the restaurant and it is 7:30pm. We have not packed so we decide to leave the MK and head back to the poly. I want to stop at one store to grab a shirt. When I walk out I see tons and tons of people heading out of the park. It was getting dark. I hear people saying the MSEP was being postponed. I waited for my DM and DH for a few min. when the winds began to pick up and more and more people were leaving the park. I called DM and DH to see where they were and to suggest we get out of here……now.

I finally meet up with them and we head out of the park with what feels like every other human being that was there. The line for the resort monorail was all the way to the resort fairy boat entrance. At this point it is pitch black, thunder, lightening and crazy winds. We do not know how long we will have to wait in line to get into a monorail. DH feels it will be better off to wait the storm out with DD in an enclosed building in the MK, I just want to get back to the hotel. He takes DD and runs to the MK, where DF and DB are as well and decided to wait out the storm. We did not wait long for the monorail they kept pouring us in. When we were waiting for our monorail the skies officially opened and it poured such loud thunder it shake the platform. Kids were screaming and crying. I even got a little nervous. We got on our monorail and passing the castle it was raining so hard all I saw was a purple blurb. Everyone in the monorail is talking about this storm and where were they when it began.

We get to the Poly and go to the bar. I order my Lupa Lupa and they tell me they are out of pineapples. I will admit at this moment I acted like a BIG baby and made a face. This is my last night traditional drink how can they not have pineapples??? This night was slowly going down the gutter with the rain water. I ordered a Chocolate Martini which was good but was not Lupa Lupa. We sat around with other families who were waiting for dinner or waiting out the rain. After the chocolate martini I ask if they can still make the Lupa Lupa even without the pineapple, which they did for me, still good but not the complete package. I speak to DH who said they are trying to leave the MK which is flooding. DF,DB and DD get back to the poly. DF changes and meets me at the bar. DB is watching a movie with DD. DH stopped at CR to pick up a vase I was eying up the whole trip. BIG mistake!!! To get back on the monorail the line was down the escalator. They were stopping both sides of the monorails. In my 32 years I never saw that.

DH eventually gets back. We head back to the room to pack. Once DD movie is done we get her and put her to bed. What a way to end this vacation, for a quick second I thought about maybe I was kind of glad this vacation was ending:confused:……then reality hit NO I DON’T WANT TO GO HOME TOMORROW!!!!!

faline
06-19-2012, 01:30 PM
What a big storm that must have been! Even though some things were a disappointment on that evening, you've certainly amassed a few stories which will become, over time, funny memories of this trip!!

Wolf
06-19-2012, 01:56 PM
What a crazy storm!!! I can't even imagine, we get weather like that where I live but we are deep down in a valley so its something we all got used to, I can't imagine something like that at WDW!! Glad yall are all okay, those things can get rough quick!

tinksmom02
06-19-2012, 11:44 PM
That storm was the worst I've ever experienced, and it came on so suddenly! & I agree with you, how could the POLY run out of pineapples??? The Lapu Lapu just doesn't taste the same without it.
Still, overall it seems like you had a wonderful trip!

amorillo
07-08-2012, 03:38 PM
wow. what a crazy last full day! i definitely know that last day dread feeling.... why can't vacation last forever! :D

January-2007
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

vizsla
07-17-2012, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
07-17-2012, 01:46 PM
The princess breakfast sounds like it was truly magical for your DD - and you! Glad you made your ADR for Liberty Tree, but WOW that last hurrah trying to get back just doesn't sound like a magical last night memory. I'm sorry things didn't go quite as you had planned.

I have also been at the Poly when they run out of pineapples - talk about a shocker! :papple:

DizNee143
07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Sounds like breakfast was great! And ugh more rain! Sorry you had to deal with it yet again..