PDA

View Full Version : Dining when parks close early (October)

MaryandMichelle91
06-19-2012, 12:00 AM
I have not been to the parks lately in the non-peak times when they close early...Does transportation stop, and if so, how can I eat dinner somewhere other than my resort without the expense of a cab or rental car? Thank you for your knowledge and experiences!

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2012, 08:27 AM
You will still be able to take transportation to Downtown Disney, and catch another bus to a different resort. Even if the parks are closed, there are ways to get where you want to! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-19-2012, 08:43 AM
:welcome: to intercot!

Even though parks close early, there is still transportation back to the resorts until all guests have left the park. So, you can eat "late", and still get home.

If you're looking to head out later, DTD is a great bet, and cab fares aren't as expensive as you may think, especially if you only use it once or twice. You can travel resort to resort via DTD (although you'll have to build in travel time and patience!)

disneynarula
06-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Without using a cab using Downtown Disney as a travel hub is your best bet. We have done this several times. It can take about an hour depending on where you are and where you want to go.

Pooh Fan
06-19-2012, 10:59 AM
We have often travelled during off-peak times when parks close early and have also experienced this issue. One other trick we use (in addition to using DTD as a travel hub) Is to use the park having EMH as a place to eat later or as a travel hub. When MK is open late we will often take the monorail over to the Poly, or a water shutlle to Wilderness to eat. If Epcot is open later, we eithr eat at Epcot or walk over to the Boardwalk area. Hope these ideas help you out.

MaryandMichelle91
06-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Thank you all for your advice! I appreciate it and it will help me plan our adventures...:thumbsup: