PDA

View Full Version : Metal rings on swimsuits

eandrsmom
06-18-2012, 02:12 PM
We're headed to the waterparks for the first time this summer. I read on another site that swimsuits with metal rings aren't allowed at the the parks. Is this true? All of my bathing suit tops have decorative metal rings, and I was wondering if I'd be turned away. Also, my DH and DS have swim trunks with drawstings. The holes for the drawstings are metal. Are these allowed? My husband said that he can't imagine them turning away 25% or more of the people entering the waterparks because of these things, but I don't want to be surprised at the last minute and frantically searching for swimsuits at the Orlando Walmart.

buzznwoodysmom
06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
I have two metal rings on a tankini top that I'm pretty sure I wore to the water parks before and I was told nothing about it.

MargaretMessler
06-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I think they're more concerned with anything dangling from the swimsuit, rather than metal rings on ties/hooks. And that would, I imagine, be because of the potential for it to get hooked on waterslides.

SBETigg
06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
I have two metal rings on a tankini top that I'm pretty sure I wore to the water parks before and I was told nothing about it.

Same here. I think they are looking for sharp edges that could damage pools/slides. If it isn't significantly risky, you will probably be allowed entrance without a hassle. They reserve the right to look you over and be sure, but I think some metal would pass inspection.

Wolf
06-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I think you're alright, they are probably more worries about things that coudl get hung onto things and hurt you instead of just metal decorations. I hope you love the water parks, they are really alot of fun!!

BrerGnat
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
They are more concerned with exposed metal that protrudes or hangs from the suit or is particularly "blingy" in nature. Simple metal strap loops or charms up top near the straps will not be a problem. Same for the guys...the little holes for the drawstrings and pockets are not an issue...what they don't want is people showing up in cut off jeans with large buttons and metal rivets that can damage the slides or get a person caught up. I've actually also seen men's swim shorts that have metal belt buckles on them...this is a no-no.

eandrsmom
06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks, I'm glad we don't have anything to worry about. We're looking forward to the waterparks. We've never been in July, so I'm sure that we'll enjoy cooling off in the water.